Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a third gen camaro with a 9". torque arm is hitting trans tunnel. does anyone sell a different bracket that bolts onto the rearend to compensate for the offset? i have a torque arm and dont want to have to buy another. if there are any dealers let me know because i need to get one asap. thanks, mike

·
FFW crew
2,759 Posts
i made my own , then got a new arm from Burkhart!!!! kind of a waste of time!!! Burkhart all the way ,no clearance issues what so ever.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does he have a web site?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i made my own , then got a new arm from Burkhart!!!! kind of a waste of time!!! Burkhart all the way ,no clearance issues what so ever.
\

did they sell you just the bracket? how much?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I know my spohn one has a set of holes for stock and 12 bolt, and another pair of holes for 9 inch and dana 60. The holes are probably something like an inch maybe more apart from each other.

·
Registered
593 Posts
burkhart builds their arms to clear the floor with the 9 inch, they will ask you what you're running when you call them up

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im going to measure the eyelets from center to center and then make some calls. thanks everyone.

if i use the old bracket with the slight offset in the torque arm will it make a bind?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its modeled off a spohn arm if it matters.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i used a bfh and got the trans tunnel all clearanced. onced cleared i used a steel plate to reinforce the area. thanks to all for the advice! mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts