Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Non Timebo Mala
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She wasn't too happy when the previous owner of my parts car had her.

The cam is ruined, 1 lifter was apart in the galley , bent pushrod, and a broken rocker stud. blown head gasket, but amazingly the crank appears to be in decent shape. And there weren't any visible cracks in the block

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,203 Posts
Someone beat the shit out of it! You gonna put it back together?

I just picked up an old 283 shortblock with 13to1 pistons super cheap... I have no clue what to do with the lil bastard but couldnt pass it up.

·
Non Timebo Mala
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy I got it from was my Dads cousin, Family will shit you before anyone else will lol And yes My Dad and I are going to turn our other 66 C-10 parts truck into a rat rod type deal, I'm thinking mild compression 10-10.5:1 solid cam and my other set of Dart Iron eagles with a tunnel ram..... pretty much something for me and him to have some fun with since he just retired a few months ago.

I got so pissed off at my dad a few months ago he had a another 66 long-bed that some stuck a 220 hp 283 in with power pack heads and a PG and he hauled it off for scrap..............

·
Non Timebo Mala
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what it came out of, you can tell he didn't know how to treat a car, the body is junk except the fenders and I got all the trim, glass and little stuff off it and a 12 bolt rear.

·
Non Timebo Mala
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be nice Dodge! I really want to do one for my 70' after I get everything else sorted out in the car.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
This is what it came out of, you can tell he didn't know how to treat a car, the body is junk except the fenders and I got all the trim, glass and little stuff off it and a 12 bolt rear.

SHIT, a old car like that in the rust belt would be a hell of a find!

·
Registered
15,215 Posts

Please. A respectful moment of silence. My very first car (which I loved like a first puppy) was a 1969 Impala. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
11,446 Posts

How many dead bodies can you fit in that trunk? 7-8?

·
Non Timebo Mala
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SHIT, a old car like that in the rust belt would be a hell of a find!
Yeh if you intended on replacing EVERY body panel including the entire roof.

Please. A respectful moment of silence. My very first car (which I loved like a first puppy) was a 1969 Impala. Take care. Tom Worthington
My first is my 70' in my sig 48, 000 miles run's perfect for what it is. 60' 69' 70' are my favorites

How many dead bodies can you fit in that trunk? 7-8?
More........

·
Maderator
16,247 Posts

Mine was also... A comvertible with a 396 and a Muncie m21 four speed.... I only wish it were as glamorous as it sounds. It would have been a hell of a car to start with though.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Someone beat the shit out of it! You gonna put it back together?

I just picked up an old 283 shortblock with 13to1 pistons super cheap... I have no clue what to do with the lil bastard but couldnt pass it up.
Got a ole 302 chevy with some 13-14to1's that came out of an old dirt track car that been in my dad's shop floor for 10 years. Still trying to figure out what to put it in. Whatever it is I needs to be light.

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Ass Monkey would be all over that sled. Little clear and a lowering kit and that phucker would be ready for auction. WHOA

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
perfect car for twin pro mod 88s and a 565. no problem fitting all that in the engine bay. perfect drag week car !!!!

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,203 Posts
Got a ole 302 chevy with some 13-14to1's that came out of an old dirt track car that been in my dad's shop floor for 10 years. Still trying to figure out what to put it in. Whatever it is I needs to be light.
Yep, this ones .30 over with heavy TRWs in it, cast crank though... Would like to throw an old small roller in it with some decent heads in something light with a 4 speed... I think it sounds kinda fun...lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
What year is the 327? 1969 mid year was the last they installed on the assembly line. 67 and earlier small journal. 68-69 large.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts