Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking about all the Top Sportsman and Top Dragster Series running this year.
I know I’m missing some but so far I have:
NHRA
PDRA
Mid-West Pro Mod
JEGS Super Quick (NHRA D3)
Midwest Top Sportsman
Southern Outlaw Top Sportsman

Not one off races, but Points counting Series, that award a Championship.
What else am I missing?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Way too many places to race. A guy really can't win a championship at any one of them and be "the best"

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair enough Dan.
That really wasn’t where I was going with that, but you do make a good point.

I was just curious about where Fast Bracket cars could race a Series, and I was trying to figure out what I was missing.
I’m in Indy, so I know most of the mid west, but assumed I would not be up to speed on other series around the country.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Those are all great series to run. Our Midwest Top Sportsman series is $2000 to win for a $125 entry. We run Q32 format, have 7 races at 4 tracks for 2019 and all races are completed in a single day. We always have race day cash bonus’s to members for various things such as best reaction time In Q1, no.1 qualifier, and bounties on race winners.. Really good group of racers. This season is our 10th anniversary.

Visit our Facebook page or www.midwesttopsportsman.com I run MWTS and if anyone has any questions let me know.

Div 3 races are always fun and I plan on going to a few of Midwest Promods race season this year also if time allows.

Sean

·
20,172 Posts
We "Southern Outlaw T/S" had 90 different cars race with us last year. 40 points separated the top 5. Good group of guys and gals. I think the quickest bump spot was 4.93. Not bad for a bunch of weekly bracket cars to all run in the 4's. 4.13 is the quickest run so far in the series. The bumps will drop down at the VMP and Richmond races. a handful of guys have got new power and a few new racers have told me they are looking at hitting the races at 3 tracks out of the 6 we run. Ex pro stock racers Vince Fourcade and Gene Nagy raced with us last season. Vince finished #10. Ex top fuel racer Scott Wise signed up to race this year with his small block Corvette. Should be a fun year.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Fair enough Dan.
That really wasn’t where I was going with that, but you do make a good point.

I was just curious about where Fast Bracket cars could race a Series, and I was trying to figure out what I was missing.
I’m in Indy, so I know most of the mid west, but assumed I would not be up to speed on other series around the country.
I wasn't trying to derail the thread (doesn't look like that happened since no one bit, LOL). It was just a thought provoking topic for me. Sorry!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
we have raced the Jegs S/Q series and the NHRA T/D series and won championships in both . we were the best THAT YEAR year in THAT SERIES ... you can't be the best in everything , you just have to concentrate on the series you are running.. that being said , we have also run a PDRA series race and it was by far the best organized, best ran, most racer friendly race I have been to in my many years of racing . wish it was more midwest friendly ... the D3 area has always been fast car friendly ....

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are all great series to run. Our Midwest Top Sportsman series is $2000 to win for a $125 entry. We run Q32 format, have 7 races at 4 tracks for 2019 and all races are completed in a single day. We always have race day cash bonus’s to members for various things such as best reaction time In Q1, no.1 qualifier, and bounties on race winners.. Really good group of racers. This season is our 10th anniversary.

Visit our Facebook page or www.midwesttopsportsman.com I run MWTS and if anyone has any questions let me know.

Div 3 races are always fun and I plan on going to a few of Midwest Promods race season this year also if time allows.

Sean
I was at your event at Gateway last year. Heck of a show!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
How good is the Jegs Superquick series ran ?
that series has lasted over 30 years ...it is the longest lasting 1/8 mile touring racing series in the country ... it is run pretty well .. some races you can get in with a 4.90 , and some it takes a high 4.50 .... depends on who shows up .....4.50 is the bottom dial...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts