Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going to build a new engine and I'm willing to spend some decent coin on cylinder heads.
Street/strip. E85. T56. At least 427 ci. Minimum 4.2" bore. 4.4" spacing. Just to start with.

Read an old thread back in 2013 and SB 2.2 heads seem to be one of the top heads.
Had there been any new editions since then?
AFR? Brodix?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Rpm and cubic inch Size desides the heads. It's Getting the Right tool for the job.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
SBc stuff. Umm I would get ahold of Chad Speier on here. He is very very well respected SBc head guy. He just brought out a Profiler 220 street strip head that should work well. It's in the cylinder head show and tell stick on the last or 2nd to last page above.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
And I would suggest you also contact Eric Weingartner He is a small block expert also. He has a lot of valuable info on his You Tube videos on SBC's. I personally think SB2 heads are great but newer heads have taken their place and are more street friendly with less total cost of the package.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Always wondered what the All- Pro/ BES 23* program flowed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since we are spending your money... get these! If you really want to go fast... copy the formula so many others have... cant the valves, splay the valves, twist the chamber, shrink the chamber, symmetrical ports... basically put a pro stock head on an SBC.
Damn those are some serious heads. You definitely get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Damn those are some serious heads. You definitely get what you pay for.
Waiting to see the Combination used thoughts and car and its weight for the Head that maybe used or looked at? You've got a End Game goal
On ET and the overall thoughts of the car and engine?

Basically wanting to know where this is Headed, being that I Luv cylinder Head's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Waiting to see the Combination used thoughts and car and its weight for the Head that maybe used or looked at? You've got a End Game goal
On ET and the overall thoughts of the car and engine?

Basically wanting to know where this is Headed, being that I Luv cylinder Head's.
I myself don't know where it's heading. Right now I'm just brainstorming and looking for advice. This will mostly be a street engine but I will take this to the track.

This will be a large cube NA 2nd gen LT1 build. Best case scenario the first round of blocks will be casted in a few months.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SBc stuff. Umm I would get ahold of Chad Speier on here. He is very very well respected SBc head guy. He just brought out a Profiler 220 street strip head that should work well. It's in the cylinder head show and tell stick on the last or 2nd to last page above.
Was just checking out his website.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
How's much hp or et ....give me Weight. It's all a idea until. Money in the pot like Cooking. Baseline or the beans and rice of it. You know what you want.. Facts.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
700fwhp budget is a 700 fwhp budget..1000fwhp is what Erik said it is or Chris U. Size Matters for less rpm & Street.

I love the Streets and a DD. USAGE AND MY SAUSAGE.

How far & deep you wanna go? I'm at the point of Mozez on mutha fuckers which cost more than. For a measly better than the last 2 & I just love cylinder heads. Tool for the job...don't shoot a Rabbit with a 308 Ar15 moment.

But if you wanna..

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
🤣😂 you made a thread about what cylinder heads. 🤣😂

1 - 20 of 20 Posts