Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
That's the original show. I agree, good show. The American version on SPEED sucks badly. They should have just bought rights to air re-runs of the British show.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The original british show is hilarious. My opninion with the american show is that eventually it will get to where the british one is at. The british version has been on for something like 20 years. If you go back and watch some of the very first episodes with Jeremy Clarkson there resemble the first season of "Top Gear America" It takes time to develop the chemistry between the hosts. If the network could stick with it I think there potential. Seeing that guy jump that Cadillac dukes of hazzard style was pretty damn awesome

·
The Grouch
3,064 Posts
I enjoy the American version of the show. Those three are like watching the special Olympics on crack. Its entertaining . :D:D

·
Registered
14,308 Posts
The UK version is great entertainment. The US version started very weak, got a bit better as time went on, I thought the "Toughest Truck" episode was good.

it comes on bbc america week days at 5 central, or monady nights they have a 4 hour marathons
that's the older seasons, season 16 just started and is not shown in the US

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ray that is the best car show on tv!! I cant believe you are justy now seeing it.
I dont watch TV too much. Every since Law and Order took a dive, I might see two hours a month.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The UK version is great entertainment. The US version started very weak, got a bit better as time went on, I thought the "Toughest Truck" episode was good.

that's the older seasons, season 16 just started and is not shown in the US
My 4x4 friends on other forums are really pissed about that episode. Most wheelers have a tread lightly attitude. Which is good considering the number of groups trying to outlaw 4 wheeling.

·
Registered
14,308 Posts
My 4x4 friends on other forums are really pissed about that episode. Most wheelers have a tread lightly attitude. Which is good considering the number of groups trying to outlaw 4 wheeling.
I could see why, though as I watched it that didn't occur to me, I just thought it was funny.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Those English bastards are too "anti american car" for me. The episodes on the ZR-1 and the Viper wanted to fly over there and kick their smart asses. I think they are a propaganda machine for the euro crowd. As if their Astin Martin or Jaguar are world beaters! But they are comical!

·
from across the pond...
6,936 Posts
Those English bastards are too "anti american car" for me. The episodes on the ZR-1 and the Viper wanted to fly over there and kick their smart asses. I think they are a propaganda machine for the euro crowd. As if their Astin Martin or Jaguar are world beaters! But they are comical!
Planes are leaving every hour for the UK.Come on over,i'm sure you'll be welcome..
And it's ASTON Martin..

·
white trash honky mofo
5,053 Posts
The american show will never be what the english version is because our society is full of sue happy fuckheads!! So we can't get away with what they do, I tried to give the us version a chance but I couldn't stomach that shit. Is it on speed now? It was on history channel, good they can put it on therewith the rest of tanner faust's bullshit! The only thing left that's worth a shit on speed anymore is passtime since they kill pinks all out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Really....Propaganda machines for the euro crowd...WOW! A little sensitive are we....Their hilarious, great drivers and got more balls than GOD! Why don't you take a road trip to Bethlehem (and that ain't PA) alone starting in Iraq through Syria, Turkey into Israel with at least two wars going on at the time.

Oh yea, Jeremy is right. How can a car (Vette) be considered a world class sports car when it has "buggy springs" for a suspension?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts