381 - 389 of 389 Posts

·
Smuck
3,944 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
For the first time in history a woman has earned an NHRA T/F Motorcycle license, This is BIG news, Her name is Janette Thornley and she is not new to motorcycle drag racing. She has been racing Pro Fuel Harleys for several years. I can't recall a female ever making a pass on a T/F motorcycle, not even an aborted pass. I knew it would eventually happen but not surprised it took this long. Good luck Janette.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
She is hoping to make her debut at the 4-Wide Nationals which is on the Mickey Thompson T/F Harley schedule this year for the first time. I think that's going to get some press!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Jay Turner won the NHRA Phoenix race on his new injected Harley. He ran 237 and 234, the fastest speed ever in the NHRA T/F Harley series.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
It looks like a few 4 cylinder T/F motorcycles will be making exhibition runs at the NHRA Southern Nationals May 15-17 and the NHRA Virginia Nationals May 29th-31. It will be the first time in about 20 years, not long after Elmer Trett's fatal crash at the NHRA U.S. Nationals in 1996.

381 - 389 of 389 Posts