Yellow Bullet Forums banner

361 - 380 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
And that was a test run. Qualifying doesn't start until 5:00 today. Anyone that questioned Rockingham's clocks last month probably isn't today. It was the same with Korry Hogan's 250 mph pass and the 255. It hard to believe a 5 mph increase but time usually makes it legit.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
The former T/F motorcycle racer/innovator helping out is John Dixon. If the name doesn't ring a bell you weren't a motorcycle drag racing fan in the 1970s.
Google John Dixon Rocket Bike and you will find some interesting information about this former T/F motorcycle racer. He built his first T/F Harley from a state of the art Yetman frame and started racing it in 1969 when he was only 15. An incredible story. I question his father's reasoning but admire the confidence he had in his son's ability to build and race an extremely dangerous machine. And he had to sign a waiver allowing it at race tracks. The new wheelie bars mentioned today on Live Timing is no doubt something he had suggested from his computer programing analysis. Computer programing has been his career since he quit racing motorcycles after the Rocket Bike crash.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
And that was a test run. Qualifying doesn't start until 5:00 today. Anyone that questioned Rockingham's clocks last month probably isn't today. It was the same with Korry Hogan's 250 mph pass and the 255. It hard to believe a 5 mph increase but time usually makes it legit.
A lot of people questioned whether Korrys 250 run was legit because it was done by Korry. So he came out and ran 255 and 254.6. That silenced the critics.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
I don't complain about Mancup management but I think I should this time. Their Finals race had so many Sportsman entries it took 6 hours to complete the FIRST ROUND and the track was down only about an hour or so for cleanups.The T/F bikes ran first round of eliminations before 1:00 and I was watching Motor Mania TV live timing waiting for round two but the Sportsman racers had so many classes and so many entries in each class the T/F bikes were not called to staging for round 2 until nearly 6:00. Then it was canceled for today. All the Pro classes will not run Round 2 and the finals until tomorrow (Monday). It was a good call because it was dark when called out for 2nd round. I will get over it but if I was there I would be really pissed. They could have run T/F round 2 at 4:00. With that many entries it can't be run in one day . The non-Pro classes should have run E1 yesterday. Don't get me wrong. I am thrilled there were so many entries. The organization deserves a fabulous turnout but some should have been eliminated yesterday. Just my 2 cents.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
I don't complain about Mancup management but I think I should this time. Their Finals race had so many Sportsman entries it took 6 hours to complete the FIRST ROUND and the track was down only about an hour or so for cleanups.The T/F bikes ran first round of eliminations before 1:00 and I was watching Motor Mania TV live timing waiting for round two but the Sportsman racers had so many classes and so many entries in each class the T/F bikes were not called to staging for round 2 until nearly 6:00. Then it was canceled for today. All the Pro classes will not run Round 2 and the finals until tomorrow (Monday). It was a good call because it was dark when called out for 2nd round. I will get over it but if I was there I would be really pissed. They could have run T/F round 2 at 4:00. With that many entries it can't be run in one day . The non-Pro classes should have run E1 yesterday. Don't get me wrong. I am thrilled there were so many entries. The organization deserves a fabulous turnout but some should have been eliminated yesterday. Just my 2 cents.
I agree.As much as I applaud Jay Regan for his efforts,I hope this leads to a better outcome next year in line with your suggestion.We're already starting to make plans to go next year being the 10th anniversary.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
ManCup tried to run E1's for sportsman and on Sat and we didn't even get our qualifying run Sat because of so many entries. The rain killed us. Sunday night, the dew killed us. Overall this has been one of the best run ManCups to date.... they're doing a great job with all that's going on here.... today will be awesome. Great weather.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Congratulations Larry McBride for your ManCup Finals victory and 20th T/F Motorcycle Championship. You and your team have stunned the motorcycle drag racing community the last two races with your unbelievable performance.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Congratulations to Tommy Grimes on his V-Twin victory at the ManCup Finals on the "Beast", a one of a kind supercharged parallel twin like the British bikes of long ago. It has a very distinctive sound. And congratulations to Jason Pridemore for runner-up on his supercharged Harley. Tak won the race last year on a supercharged Harley but this is the first time I can recall two supercharged twins meeting in the Mancup or NHRA finals in the V-Twin class EVER! Jay Turner's new supercharged Harley showed great promise a year ago but has been slowly coming around.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

Street ET and Pro ET are run on saturday and sunday. Qualifying for sportman classes is run in between. Most sportsman run one or more classes and one or both ET classes so moving any racing from sunday to saturday isnt really practical. The only thing they could do is dump the automatic first round buy back in Street and Pro ET. NHDRO has first round and second round buy backs which can get chaotic. To avoid the chaos Man Cup has an automatic re entry for all the first round losers into a loser bracket and thats it (no second round buy backs).

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
This is my attempt at building a home made top fuel bike. 6 years in the making.

361 - 380 of 389 Posts