Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Top Fuel Hydro Crash

2K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  silvercv2002 
#1 ·
#5 ·
No !

This was from last years world finals

This year had the quickest Top Fuel field ever !

We were #6 qualifier w/4.95 @253mph

Was a good weekend ,but we went out first round when the other guy ran 4.81 to beat us.

It was great to be part of the quickest Top Fuel field ever !

This is our boat.

http://www.dragracingpix.com/multimedia/scottylumbertfinal.wmv

#11 ·
The set up on the boat pretty much stays the same.

As for the props this is just alot of trial & error. The new billet CNC props are alot better,but all have to be hand finished & adjusted acordingly.

All the Top Fuel boats are now Twin Propeller so you now have two props working together,but in the end even w/CNC props no two sets are alike.

I have been w/this team for along time & have been able to experience alot along the way.

If you ever get the chance to see fuelers run I highly recomend it !

#14 ·
Scott Sparks said:
I am not sure if boat racers have huge balls or are just crazy :-D either way that was cool
Top Fuel Hydro Martini

Serve in standard Martini glass
90 % nitromethane
10% methenal
Shake the shit out of it
Garnish with 2 BIG steel balls !

#17 ·
For what I do the jet pump is far better for the inital holeshot,but w/the kinda power a Top Fuel boat makes there aint no way to make it work except for a prop.

To date our quickest 1/8th is a 2.97 @ 220mph

#20 ·
We did have a guy pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to make 2 - 330 hits back in spring or 2003.

I have always had a standing offer to make a 1/4 & 1/2 track pass,but my better judgement tells me to stick w/my boat & the much slower race cars I drive now.

#22 ·
Monty Mikho said:
Can we bid on it? I'll start!!

$22.86 !!! CASH!! :shock:
Move the decimal right two spots & that will get you a spot in the drivers seat while we warm it up :smt005

Come on Monty its only $$$$$$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.