Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
This is a forum for both TS and TD racers, we both use similar powerplants and are able to share info based on our combos. I would like to see pics of the mountain motors in the dragsters and how they mount the dry sump tanks. Im curious to see the setups.

·
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your call mr. tim, but i wouldn't get carried away with them here you'll kill this section. dragsters have zero appeal, when super comp runs the stands empty. when t/d runs they all but empty. when t/s runs they stay full. get it?:)
Well since this is my section the racers in T/D are more than welcome! If you don't like them that's on you and you don't have to post in here. Get it?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Dragster talk isn't going to cause me to come to this forum any less. I enjoy and appreciate them too, especially top dragsters. While I can agree that Super Comp isn't all that exciting for fans (until you watch them race at the stripe!), top dragster is a dang cool class. There are some wicked machines out there right now in the class. Many of them would run deep into the 5's if they could turn em loose and let the big dogs eat.

Troy Stone and Sheldon Bissessar are a couple that fit into that category. There is certainly not anything "unexciting" about machines such as this:

Those cars are actually so darn boring that many of the sanctioning bodies are starting to put limits on how fast they are allowed to go. The NHRA has concluded that it is more exciting for the fans if the runs are limited to 6 seconds and slower. The reasoning is that 5 second passes are just too quick and the fans actually get more out of a 6 second run, since it takes a wee bit longer. And it seems either the ADRL or XDRL (or maybe both?) seem to have similar feelings, as they don't want these cars running any faster than a 3.66 max in the eighth. I don't know when IHRA will come around and make these incredibly boring cars slow down so we can see them better. What are they thinking?!?!

Oh, and in case anyone here is a bit slow, yes my post is dripping in sarcasm. ;)

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
fair enough mr. tim it's your section run it into the ground as you wish. this section will now be like the titanic letting dragsters in, it's now taking on water good luck with it i know i've lost all interest. good day.;)
Just curious Mr. Bob, which Top Sportsman car is yours?

Pretty sure this section will fare just fine with Top Dragster included.

Thanks Tim! This has become one of my favorite sections on here

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
This is a forum for both TS and TD racers, we both use similar powerplants and are able to share info based on our combos. I would like to see pics of the mountain motors in the dragsters and how they mount the dry sump tanks. Im curious to see the setups.
Mine is mounted the same in the dragster that it is on my car,real tight fit in the dragster though.

1 - 20 of 328 Posts