Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody ever cracked the whip while the tree was counting down? Have a friend that claims he did it for a wheelie contest, but he's a few degrees out of phase...

I hear guys talk about big tire cars needing more power at the hit, seems like this would work. But I can't imagine how freaked out I would be the first time I knocked it into the stage bulb with that setup.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I know a guy back in the day would spray his first kit on the trans brake against the chip..... sounded like a shotgun shooting as fast as you could pull the trigger:smt067. I have never figured how he didn't blow his shit all to pieces every time!!! HAHA!!! just didn't know any better and dang lucky I guess.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yeah, I crossed up a wire swapping delay boxes in my old 5.30 S10blazer. It left the pinion gear both pieces of the drive shaft, part of the tail housing and some of the bell housing on the track without rolling 10 feet.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
i do it all the time ,we have a tight convertor in our vega ,do it with the delay box starting line enhancer .25 before brake releases plates come on

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i do it all the time ,we have a tight convertor in our vega ,do it with the delay box starting line enhancer .25 before brake releases plates come on
Genius. I was thinking I'd have to add a timer and switch a bunch of stuff around. Never even though of the sle! Are u on the 2 step?

·
Trevor Stripling
1,508 Posts
Some promods will have it blip one of the kits when the wot and tranbrake are both on to help get it up on the converter.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Its up against the convertor till plates come on, but its only on two step for the .25 so its not that hard on it without it our 60ft was low 1.40s with it 1.17-18

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Our little 396 couldnt get out of its own way in the 60 with a tight convertor. we did it on the 2 step and it was a monster. asked Jeff proc and told us if its tuned right no problem. Sounded crazy and spit blue flames 3' out the dumps.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Man back in the nitrous day that is probably how I cut good lights all the time. I didn't want to be on it too long while on the hose so I was always on kill. Nobody beleived me until I showed them. I would have never remembered that had you not asked this question. That's too funny.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just want to clarify. You guys are talking about turning the nitrous on while on the transbrake, right? There's no problem stuttering the limiter with the nitrous on? What size shot are you doing this with?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just want to clarify. You guys are talking about turning the nitrous on while on the transbrake, right? There's no problem stuttering the limiter with the nitrous on? What size shot are you doing this with?
What!? That would be crazy. You must have misunderstood.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
I knew a guy that sprayed on the transbrake. It was an S10 truck, took out everything from the converter back destroying the bed in the process. It was pretty funny.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts