Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
21,499 Posts
Congratulations Bob. You guys may have struggled with that car earlier, but you sure didn't have any issues last weekend. Almost 205 mph!
Great job on making the finals in both classes! I know Kirk talked with you briefly, but I was always strapped into the car when I saw you. Really happy to see you haulin' azz!!

Paul Langlie

Your car looks pretty damned impressive, Paul. I was really busy running both classes(and putting out several small fires) and had very little time to make the rounds. Maybe next time?

·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
So the 315 drag radial is legal in the "Outlaw 10.5" class but almost all of the west coast 10.5 cars are not??? That seems fair!!!
The east coast has a rules set that works for the cars out here, the west coast decided on a different rules set that makes their series work. So no, unless the car meets Cecil rules, It's not legal in our series.

I don't think the 315 should be run in the class, but they did it to help some of the local cars that run radial join the class...no one really has; just like the west coast guys allowed Promod, Prostock, and Top Sportsman cars into their class for car count. Whatever makes the class work for each series is what everyone does.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
So the 315 drag radial is legal in the "Outlaw 10.5" class but almost all of the west coast 10.5 cars are not??? That seems fair!!!
Huge difference between a sretched out wheel base, slanted body lines and complete carbon fiber bodies compared to another, smaller tire.

That's like saying your upset with a car runs 205/75/15 bfg's in x275

·
Registered
36 Posts
Our car is 109" wheel base with a top sportsman body ,cant fit a big tire under the car also has a RJ top sportsman chassis modified a bit :) i do understand your guys rules and this doesn't fit in with it but ya cant ignore what we did with a 10.5 tire :) ,Bob's i do believe fits your rules and his a beast of a car!!

·
Registered
21,499 Posts
Huge difference between a sretched out wheel base, slanted body lines and complete carbon fiber bodies compared to another, smaller tire.

That's like saying your upset with a car runs 205/75/15 bfg's in x275

When a radial car starts running 3.70's in your series you may have another thought. Those tires, under the right conditions, are wicked fast. I saw it myself in St Louis. It was humbling to say the least. I think we'll be hauling out to Cecil for the YB race then to Norwalk next fall so we'll see how our car(on W's) compares to the best the east has to offer. Hopefully the radial rule hasn't ruined the class by then. Eventually, IMO, it could.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
When a radial car starts running 3.70's in your series you may have another thought. Those tires, under the right conditions, are wicked fast. I saw it myself in St Louis. It was humbling to say the least. I think we'll be hauling out to Cecil for the YB race then to Norwalk next fall so we'll see how our car(on W's) compares to the best the east has to offer. Hopefully the radial rule hasn't ruined the class by then. Eventually, IMO, it could.
The track promoters, and the big wigs, aren't prepping the track specifically for the radials on the east coast. On top of that east coast doesn't allow 102's, 106's unlimited overdrive and 50 to 100lbs off for stock wheel base or "pro mod weight hit".

·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I don't see that happening in the 10.5 series, for the reasons Brandon mentioned above. The rules are completely different in the 10.5 series compared to the rules in Vegas, or St. Louis, and the RVW races. The turbo cars are capped at 94's, the NOS cars are 2600, not 2375...and so on, OD is limited for the screw cars...etc. I do believe you will see a 10.5 car in the National Series run in the 80's next season, and think given the right conditions, I feel more than one team can accomplish it.

Would love to see you guys again on the east coast!!!

·
Registered
21,499 Posts
I don't see that happening in the 10.5 series, for the reasons Brandon mentioned above. The rules are completely different in the 10.5 series compared to the rules in Vegas, or St. Louis, and the RVW races. The turbo cars are capped at 94's, the NOS cars are 2600, not 2375...and so on, OD is limited for the screw cars...etc. I do believe you will see a 10.5 car in the National Series run in the 80's next season, and think given the right conditions, I feel more than one team can accomplish it.

Would love to see you guys again on the east coast!!!
There's a very good chance we'll be there. Doing some big tire grudge stuff out here for most of the season but my heart is still with Outlaw 10.5. We built this car to Cecil rules so why not see if it stacks up?.

·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
There's a very good chance we'll be there. Doing some big tire grudge stuff out here for most of the season but my heart is still with Outlaw 10.5. We built this car to Cecil rules so why not see if it stacks up?.
Well last time you traveled east, you showed us all how it's done!!!

·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Still can't believe no one out here has built that combo!!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
My car (Giuseppe Gentile driving) is a steel roof, steel quarter, frame rail, stock firewall, Cecil rules Outlaw 10.5 car. The firewall rear chassis is from Doug Sikora's old car that I resurrected from the Fontana crash. We weighed 3065 pounds at SCSN. It has a Brad 8x 521 with twins. I really could give a flying fuck about records or lists but I know we went 204.96 and I really doubt if any backhalf car on W's has ever done that.
great job Bob that thing is flying....who's turbos/size were you running in Vegas as that is very impressive...we have been 203+ a few times and 204.43 best in MPH on 10.5's

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Our car is 109" wheel base with a top sportsman body ,cant fit a big tire under the car also has a RJ top sportsman chassis modified a bit :) i do understand your guys rules and this doesn't fit in with it but ya cant ignore what we did with a 10.5 tire :) ,Bob's i do believe fits your rules and his a beast of a car!!
Impressive performance by both teams!

Won’t be to long Steve and you’ll surpass BG’s 3.85 191 pass and be able to lay claim to the worlds quickest nitrous 10.5 car!!!

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Impressive performance by both teams!

Won’t be to long Steve and you’ll surpass BG’s 3.85 191 pass and be able to lay claim to the worlds quickest nitrous 10.5 car!!!
What was Glidden's weight on the 85? Essentially was that under Extreme 10.5 or actual 10.5 rules

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Was in the ADRL, 5yrs ago and with a little 708inch engine.
Nonetheless....it is the quickest nitrous pass ever on a 10.5
With no weight minimum. Trust me, great bar to shoot for but you wouldn't expect an Offensive linemen to run the same 40 yard dash as a wide receiver.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Glidden said it wasnt same rules and cant compare the two :) but he was hauling the mail he was even shocked at our short numbers :) at our rules and the weight the car is the fastest on 10.5 nitrous assisted :),Oh and we will knock that 85 out to be safe were just picking it at slowly!!!

61 - 80 of 89 Posts