Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How old was your son or daughter when you first took them to the track. I am a first time parent and my daughter is going to be 9 weeks old when we would like to go to the Cavalcade of Stars. We would be using ear muffs of course, but i don't want to be that guy everyone is calling an asshole for bringing a newborn to the track. I guess i've never paid attention to notice how young kids are when they are brought to the track. thanks

·
the educated fool
1,778 Posts
first time I went I was 4 years old.

If it was me I would probably leave the newborn at home with mommy if you really need to go watch some racing.

just my 0.2c

·
www.429-460.com
3,565 Posts
so far all 3 were less then a year ...all boys .... the new born is a girl and i tried to take her to the track last week ( now 8 months ) and momma said no !!! ..... oh well

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Decibals off the wall!! Leave the little one at home for a couple years. When they can tell you something hurts, or they are scared of the noise would probably be the right time to take them to an event of this caliber.

IMO
Andrew

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
In addition to the noise issue, there areealso tire smoke and fuel fumes to avoid for a small child.
Stay home and watch espn2 and bitch with the rest of us..............

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a 2 month old and I do not plan on taking him to the track until next year at the earliest. I hate going without him, but there are just way too many things going on for one that young. I believe that even if you blocked out the sound all the other smells, vibrations, and sights would be overwhelming for your young girl.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
My daughter was there before she was born, then when she was about 2 months old. We always had hearing protection on her, and she wasn't near the starting line, mostly the pits, and trailer.

·
Turbocharged another BBC
6,633 Posts
How old was your son or daughter when you first took them to the track. I am a first time parent and my daughter is going to be 9 weeks old when we would like to go to the Cavalcade of Stars. We would be using ear muffs of course, but i don't want to be that guy everyone is calling an asshole for bringing a newborn to the track. I guess i've never paid attention to notice how young kids are when they are brought to the track. thanks
All my girls were raised at the race track, as for how young I thinking 2ish, phuch that was a long time ago. They all had there 16th birthday there.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Mine was about 10 months old when he started making some brief visits to the track....the main thing that always worried me, around here, is the heat.

I try to chose the part of the race I'd most like him to see...so he doesn't stay out there all day/night long.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
How soon do you want your child to have hearing & breathing issues? As excited as i'm sure you are, it's best to wait a few years, unless it's all street cars running, Even then you're still going to have other parents giving you the stink eye

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
about 3 weeks lol just the typical friday night drags nothing major put a set of muffs on him too he was quiet and completely content till we left .. then he was pissed

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
How soon do you want your child to have hearing & breathing issues? As excited as i'm sure you are, it's best to wait a few years, unless it's all street cars running, Even then you're still going to have other parents giving you the stink eye
I don't buy that at all. I have no breathing issues (only thing I'm allergic to is cats) and my hearing is fine. I'm an audiophile and have been into home audio since I was in my teens (I'm almost 39) and my hearing is still excellent.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Me too. Ours went early. Kept him away from the loud stuff and the smoke and fumes all we could. We have a motorhome, so that was sanctuary. There become some practical issues for long periods without the motorhome. Gotta keep them out of the sun for burning and overheating. Need to get them somewhere quiet for naps, which happen all the time at that age. Short visit. Show the baby off. Have fun.

I don't buy that at all. I have no breathing issues (only thing I'm allergic to is cats) and my hearing is fine. I'm an audiophile and have been into home audio since I was in my teens (I'm almost 39) and my hearing is still excellent.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts