Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a dumb question. Gun is shooting left (actually, both my guns) and getting a pinch between trigger and trigger guard on my .45

Not low and left, just left. Glock 26 and 36, 10 yards, indoor range.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. skinny fingers, too. Got a membership pass to local range and it's on the way home from work. Looking for some pointers before I mess with the gun.

Thanks

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
7,776 Posts
Snap caps and a laser can help a lot with trigger pull issues. That’s how I practice when I’m unable to actually shoot.

You’ll know what’s going on then.

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,185 Posts
Are you new to firearms/shooting? Your grip may be wrong and your finger not on the trigger correctly.

·
Long Live The King
105,050 Posts
See if this helps you:

Interesting that a guy named " Revolver" is shooting Glocks :p

Never much liked Glocks myself.

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Probably a dumb question. Gun is shooting left (actually, both my guns) and getting a pinch between trigger and trigger guard on my .45

Both guns being Glocks, or Glock and 45?
Tip, with unloaded gun, take empty brass and place at end of barrel, dry fire to make sure brass doesn't move.
What kind of sights? Do you aim with one primary eye or both? I have the basic adjustable sights on my 26 and 41, slight adjustments helped me.
I make a mental note when switching from my Glocks to others, like my S&W because of the trigger differences.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did a bunch of dry fire with both guns. Empty casing on the front sight stays there. Tried different finger placement, but I keep going back to the same spot, just past the pad and before the knuckle joint.

But, I may have accidentally found part of my problem. I grabbed the wrong set of safety glasses when I went to the range yesterday. I grabbed my pair of "cheater" glasses, 2x magnifying glasses. Boy, that front sight was crystal clear! The 36 put 13 rounds right where I wanted them. The 26 was still going left, so I might drift the rear sight a little.

·
Dyslexic Lord of the Sith
3,632 Posts
Did a bunch of dry fire with both guns. Empty casing on the front sight stays there. Tried different finger placement, but I keep going back to the same spot, just past the pad and before the knuckle joint.

But, I may have accidentally found part of my problem. I grabbed the wrong set of safety glasses when I went to the range yesterday. I grabbed my pair of "cheater" glasses, 2x magnifying glasses. Boy, that front sight was crystal clear! The 36 put 13 rounds right where I wanted them. The 26 was still going left, so I might drift the rear sight a little.
Give the gun to someone you know is a great shooter. RO's will usually be willing to help. See how it groups for then, you don't want to be chasing an issue adjusting the sights for something that is shooter based. If you shoot by yourself, try using a rest. Do whatever you can to take as much of you out of the equation before drifting anything.

·
Registered
21,609 Posts

G-code’s chart is a good guide. Also, my wife got me one of these for my birthday. Very cool and kind of fun to use.

https://mantisx.com/pages/how-it-works-1

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to the range again. This time, took my friend's XDM 4.5" barrel .45 with Trijicon sights, my un touched Glock 36 .45, and my Glock 26 9mm with the sights moved just an rch to the right. As before, 10 yards and using my magnifying safety glasses.

First, the XDM. Whole mag, low and left of where I was aiming. Groups were pretty tight, just low and left a bit.

Glock 36, poa=poi

Glock 26, poa=poi

Then I started shooting one round of each, back to back to back. Same results.

Next time, I'm gonna rent a Glock 17 and 19 and see if perhaps the longer barrels are somehow messing with me.

But right now, my carry guns are shooting where I aim them. Next is to try some self defense drills at the outdoor range, while moving and using my everyday glasses.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,604 Posts
Snap caps and a laser can help a lot with trigger pull issues. That’s how I practice when I’m unable to actually shoot.

You’ll know what’s going on then.
THIS! This is actually a great tip. When I first used a laser at 25 yards I was making my self sea-sick with all the movement! A laser really shows you, AND everyone else, what you are doing!

Give the gun to someone you know is a great shooter. RO's will usually be willing to help. See how it groups for then, you don't want to be chasing an issue adjusting the sights for something that is shooter based. If you shoot by yourself, try using a rest. Do whatever you can to take as much of you out of the equation before drifting anything.
I did this with a new 1911 in 10mm I was trying. I sucked with it, BAD! Gave it to a really good shooter, he instantly told me what was wrong with the gun. Sent it back, they fixed it. Took it back to the range, I did ok, my buddy kicked my ass with it!

·
Dyslexic Lord of the Sith
3,632 Posts
There is a laser thing you put in your gun that works with a paper target, a cradle, and your phone. I've been watching some youtube videos of it and it seems great for in-door dry fire practice. It records and tracks your shots and lets you see if you are jerking the trigger.

It's called iTargetPro. It's not ridiculously priced and you can get it in handgun calibers and 5.56.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts