Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
that pompus dick head better enjoy it now because next year he will be known as private tony whomacher when a.j kicks his ass every race and i cant wait! if blaine had never been killed whomacher would be selling shoes at the mall :-D

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I hate Schumacher but you can't take his accomplishments away from him. They had the money and influence to hire the right people to accomplish what they have. I just hope they don't continue to add wins after AJ is gone so Dixson or someone else can pass him up down the road. RM

·
Registered
109 Posts
Joe did it a 1320 not 1000
And with less MONEY

Not sure about the MONEY part. Joe was a great racer, but he also had the biggest budget of his day. Much like Schumacher, Joe's team wanted for nothing.

Remember, he debuted the first car with the tall wing that ran over 260-mph. He also had a streamliner when those were the fad. He had plenty of $$ for R&D and never missed a round because he dind't have enough parts in his trialer.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I still don't get why so many people are down on Tony. Every time I have ever been around him he has been nothing but a class act. This weekend a friend with NO knowledge of drag racing was sent to Charlotte to do a magazine article on him, and Tony treated him like family. Took large amounts of time explaining the sport to him, making sure he was in the right place to get pictures. When I licensed at Gainesville the week after the Gators, I spent a good bit of "test monday" around him, and the guy busted ass to make sure other people were enjoying themselves. Sorry, I have never seen him be anything but a gentleman, and I hope he keeps killing it.

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Tony seems like a nice guy, Don, not so much. I'd love to see AJ team up with Antron Brown & dominate for a while. Once AJ leaves DSR FCs are toast too.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I agree gordapeak.
Let's not forget Tony won a Championship before AJ and would have won a second one if that wing wouldn't have caused him to crash and break his leg causing him to miss a race. Btw, that would have taken one of AJ's championships away too.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I still don't get why so many people are down on Tony. Every time I have ever been around him he has been nothing but a class act. This weekend a friend with NO knowledge of drag racing was sent to Charlotte to do a magazine article on him, and Tony treated him like family. Took large amounts of time explaining the sport to him, making sure he was in the right place to get pictures. When I licensed at Gainesville the week after the Gators, I spent a good bit of "test monday" around him, and the guy busted ass to make sure other people were enjoying themselves. Sorry, I have never seen him be anything but a gentleman, and I hope he keeps killing it.
Ditto....never have witnessed him being a jerk :supz: on the other hand have seen Amato be pretty damn rude at Snowbirds and had to laugh at his explanation for not being at Charlotte (getting his place set up to entertain Mrs. Bush) :smt082:smt082:smt082

Rick

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Would like to see Cory Mac get the buget and get a Champ trophy.

Tony Shue seems to be a cool guy and appreciates all that has been given. His dad seems a bit pompous,,money will do that to you.

Everyone hates the guy on top if he remains there for awhile. A wise racer once said ,,"It doesent matter if they are cheering or booing, so long as they are making noise" (Dale Earnhart).

·
T/S 368E
35,272 Posts

He might seem like a cool guy on TV & around the trailer for the fans.
The true test is how the people that live around him, raced with him coming up
or have done work for him think about him. Not many around here think he's that cool.
His dad, that's another story. It's even worse.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts