Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
136,854 Posts
Puddin, when is the best time to fish for Tarpon in Florida? and what is the success rate there? Also do they go to the shallows at all were people fly fish for them? Sorry for going off topic..

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
Hey Puddin..... Saw ya in South Ga. the other week in the staging lanes. But when I went to your pits to speak to ya.... there wasn't anyone there anymore. What's up with that???? Of course I know that if you had known I was coming to see ya, you would have hung around a little longer huh????? LOL

·
***INDASIXES***
1,688 Posts
Monty...

.....TARPON!! thats what you want? Our new store is less than 10 minutes from the inlet of Charlotte Harbor(Boca Grande Pass). Its THE place for tarpon. Just let me know when!! Better have a big rod!!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Amanda,
is that weber grill still in the toter? i was thinking something quick and easy rather than the big grill
thanks, Derek

·
Administrator
136,854 Posts
.....TARPON!! thats what you want? Our new store is less than 10 minutes from the inlet of Charlotte Harbor(Boca Grande Pass). Its THE place for tarpon. Just let me know when!! Better have a big rod!!!
Maybe you can take me after we go Mahi Mahi fishing? :smt064:smt064:p:p:p

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Puddin, when is the best time to fish for Tarpon in Florida? and what is the success rate there? Also do they go to the shallows at all were people fly fish for them? Sorry for going off topic..
Best time for Tarpon down here is in May. Still some resident fish around though.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
You can get into Tarpon in the Keys all year long. This area SW Fl has it's prime from late April thru July. The fishing is still good now, but I have a few customers who are Captains/guides and say the best is over till next year. The resident fish that I have found are in the St Petersburg area. I caught not landed (fishing from a bridge) a Tarpon that probably weighed between 140 and 160 in November. If you're gonna be down this way, I'd strongly suggest looking into getting a guide. Snook fishing is also great down here pretty much year round.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Tarpon

Tarpon fishing is a blast, there's a reason they call them a salt water donkey.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
May at Boca Grande. You'll never regret it. Just plan around the Tarpon tournaments. Those guys are living the rubbin is racin lifestyle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts