Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I copied it before it gets changed !!!
Read the 4th paragraph!!!!

Edelbrock Northern Nationals Recap

The second-to-last race on the 2005 Corteco NSCA Drag Racing Series presented by BFGoodrich schedule was held at Mid-Michigan Motorplex the weekend of September 10-11, 2005.

The Edelbrock Northern Nationals took place under perfect conditions at the well-known quarter-mile facility located just outside Stanton, Michigan.

There was great action in all NSCA classes, and while some championship points battles were wrapped up during the weekend, others just got closer. Everything will be settled when the tour rolls into National Trail Raceway in Columbus, Ohio, for the season finale the weekend of September 30 – October 2.

It should be noted here that a number of NSCA competitors donated their winnings from the weekend to Hurricane Katrina relief efforts being carried out by JAMA minister Mark Walter and is family. Our thanks to everyone who selflessly gave to help those in distress. It just goes to prove once again how generous and caring so many in the drag racing community truly are.

Here’s a class-by-class breakdown of the weekend’s competition:

Here's where it came from!!! Brian Wood wrote it?????http://nsca-racing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8784

·
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems funny that Patrick and Tony claim to know nothing about it, but doesn't Brian Wood work for them??? Think I know what my employees do. Think I would know everything that's posted on my website too!!! :roll:

·
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe they should be talking to thier lawyer about keeping them out of jail!!!! And he has the balls to threaten!!!! :roll:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ok, here are things as I see it:

Jackets were donated to be raffled, Marvin took care of this and it appears collected the money and donated it to his brother's church, as per what was written in another thread. Tony and Pat never saw the money!

All checks were handed to racers at the Stanton race, none were returned to Pat or Tony for a donation.

One racer/wife mentioned they were donating their check and was told others were too, by Marvin, again No Tony or Pat in site.

A racer/wife emailed Brian and appraised him of this so called check donation and Brian not hearing any different edited his original recap and added this in per the email he was sent, again No Tony or Pat in site. Also if you READ the recap, it says that some racers donated their winnings, it doesn't say how!

So I guess I am wondering how Tony, Pat and the NSCA are being blamed for filtering/holding on to or mishandling funds THEY NEVER HAD!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here's what I posted in another thread. The mentions of donations flew right over my head because no one told those handling payouts of their intentions.

The NSCA management did not know it was the intention of some racers to donate their purse to any charity. Yes, we are responsible for the actions of all of the employees. Even when they freelance, and assume Tony knows what is going on. Unfortunately, neither Tony, Rob, Myself, or Jen DePillo knew the deal, and it did not register even when the post race article came out. We were so oblivious we assumed the donations were handled privately. (No one contacted us- I help handle payout.)

The jackets were auctioned off. Again, freelancing that I knew about, but made the assumption that those handling the jackets had a handle on getting the money to the right place. No one informed Tony (or me) what the deal was. They just started talking about the jackets. No one stopped it because who'd have thought it would be a bone of contention... Sounded like a nice thing at the time, but it was not an NSCA function, it was some good people trying to make a difference. Very troublesome.

All I can do is ask those who intended to get a donation to Mark to e mail me, (I know of 2) let me get those names and make sure there was not a check cut at payout, and get that check to the racers so they can make a private donation. If a racer intended for us to move money to Mark, they probably bypassed the payout window so there will be a paper trail.

We would have never agreed to handle the donation because who do we 1099? Who gets the charitable donation deduction? There is no way we would have agreed to expedite this, but as I said, we have to follow up because one of our fellow employees got us into this.

I didn't sleep last night thinking about this deal- and hope it can be sorted and righted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Without attempting to re-direct blame, it is safe to say our racers have their own relationships with Mark, and there are those at the track on any given weekend that are in closer contact with Mark than I am. Upon reading that, I thought nothing more than the checks were mailed to him- clueless as I was.

Brian rides back and forth to the races with Marvin, who Marie told her intentions to. Brian is 'empowered' to write as he wishes, and where does it say we were collecting for a charity? We weren't, but it still needs to be taken care of. Can't you see some room for confusion? Does this loosely knit group have the time to micro-manage? (even if we should)

Again, if anyone did not pick up a check because the intention was to get it to JAMA, e mail me so I can get this handled. We will have a record of the discrepancy. No one has answered the post about this on the NSCA bb. It appears to be an isolated incident (good news)

Ray, slow down. If we had been contacted first, we would have handled it. Marie herself says she never told Tony what was going on. We never offered ourselves as a conduit for Mark, but we are responsible for what is said by anyone with an NSCA shirt on. No need to get a threatening tone- I hardly know you and have no beef.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I will say it one last time and then I am done with all of this!!

The jackets were donated and auctioned off (for a good cause). I really didn't care where the money went as long as it went to people in need. I was told that it would go to the KAtrina fund, but if Marvin's brothers church was in need, that is fine also!! I cant believe some people trying to do some good could start so much BS!! Let it go, there has to something else that everyone can pick apart!! :?

Out,

Scott :(

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
So Ray, are you going to apologize the NSCA management now?

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Thanks for looking into this Patrick.. Also thanks for the post to give people the heads up..

On another note.. I heard Scott Williams was caught using nitrous on his N/A car.. Any truth to this?? :-D

·
Registered
744 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
On another note.. I heard Scott Williams was caught using nitrous on his N/A car.. Any truth to this?? :-D

It's only illegal when you get caught (and I didn't get caught)!! :roll: I'm just pissed I couldn't get the system to work @ Milan!! Everytime I checked the bottle it was empty and Kel was always grinning!! :shock: :-D

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
I'm bringing 15 bottles to Milan Friday...

One for each N/A car... Well except the Shark since he doesn't need it.. :-D

·
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Monty's #1 fan said:
Without attempting to re-direct blame, it is safe to say our racers have their own relationships with Mark, and there are those at the track on any given weekend that are in closer contact with Mark than I am. Upon reading that, I thought nothing more than the checks were mailed to him- clueless as I was.

Brian rides back and forth to the races with Marvin, who Marie told her intentions to. Brian is 'empowered' to write as he wishes, and where does it say we were collecting for a charity? We weren't, but it still needs to be taken care of. Can't you see some room for confusion? Does this loosely knit group have the time to micro-manage? (even if we should)

Again, if anyone did not pick up a check because the intention was to get it to JAMA, e mail me so I can get this handled. We will have a record of the discrepancy. No one has answered the post about this on the NSCA bb. It appears to be an isolated incident (good news)

Ray, slow down. If we had been contacted first, we would have handled it. Marie herself says she never told Tony what was going on. We never offered ourselves as a conduit for Mark, but we are responsible for what is said by anyone with an NSCA shirt on. No need to get a threatening tone- I hardly know you and have no beef.

I don't either, but when Tony calls and threatens people with a lawyer, it' pisses me off, instead of looking in the mirror and finding the problem!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts