Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 days short of 12 years! Been an item since late 1992.

No drama, no legal battles, no real hassles so far.

Saddest part for me will be my son and what he will think of all this. He is 10 years old now and sort of knows what's going on, but I just hope & pray that he never "picks" a side so to speak. We try really hard to ensure that he knows it's nobody's fault. I hope he will understand.

Now about this whole dating scene... WTF?
Can't I just pick one out (Nicole79;)) like a new puppy and have her delivered with shots up to date a few days of food? That would be much easier....

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Hahaha!! Typical male thinking! Make sure anything potential has a clean bill of health, the stuff that's out there can KILL you!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
That sucks bro, 12yrs is a long time to just end things... But then again you'll have you sanity back;)........... If you and the ex aint fighting then hopefully he wont be affected by it. Usually its when the parents dont get along and just bad mouth each other is when the child gets screwed up. Seen this to many times!!!

As for dating, WTF man you're just getting divorced! just get some hookers and have fun!!!!!! And yes those you can just pick out of a book and have them come over when you want................... HAHAHAHAHA! Have fun!

·
Registered
871 Posts
took 12 years to end it? why so long? Never been married but hell I'm 22 lol

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ya it's all good at first but wait till your son tells how cool the new boyfriend is when she starts dating again...You can't help but to be happy and smiles to your sons face but it will eat you up inside for a while..But don't freak it does get better just gotta give it some time....Always keep in mind your son is the main thing here.. GOOD LUCK BRO...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Only one guy gets the unconditional love and thats you man, beyond all the bullshit there forever, will be only one dad and thats YOU so put the feather in your cap and hold your head high! Yu da Man! OH, and congrats on the divorce, no one can take your fucking race car now either!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Been there done that twice! Now is this some thing you have been wanting? Or is this some thing you don't want? I know when I got Divorced from both of my ex's I was so ready to get the hell out of there it was't even funny. Not so much with the first because like you I had/have a 3yr old son, who now is 16. I was afraid like you he would like his mom more than me. All I know is that I made sure to see him and call him as much as I can. And now me and him are the best of buddies. He has picked up the Hot rod/Drag race bug just like I did at that age. Just keep in mind be his Dad and best friend and every thing will turn out great. Hope this help's

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Sounds like you are handling it right for your son. What kind of parenting time do you have?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congrats "Big Block" and welcome to the club....

As for "Small Block", 10 is a tough age for it. I've been Divorced for 7 years now and the 'procedure' happened when my kids were 1 and 4. The key is for both parents to understand the KIDS are number one. I can't stand my bitch... I mean, ex-wife. She's petty, constantly late and very selfish, (but i'm sure she says the same things about me), but when it comes to the kids, she does not talk shit about me in front of them, and I return the courtesy.

It keeps our 'family' intact without us being together.

Best of luck to ya buddy.

As for the dating thing... may I suggest you're closest 'bar' for a 'slump-buster' to get it over with. You don't wanna be 'dating' anyone till you've had your rebound thing. AND KEEP THE KID AWAY FROM HER. Don't introduce kids to a G/F for a long time. I learned my lesson about this. Now, my kids don't even know about the girl I am dating now.

Go gett'em Killer..

Timmah

·
Registered
624 Posts
let me get this straight. . .you have a 10 year old son with a woman you have been divorcing for 12 years? OH and I have already been stalking Nicole79! stay away. . . lol

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
3 days short of 12 years! Been an item since late 1992.

No drama, no legal battles, no real hassles so far.

Saddest part for me will be my son and what he will think of all this. He is 10 years old now and sort of knows what's going on, but I just hope & pray that he never "picks" a side so to speak. We try really hard to ensure that he knows it's nobody's fault. I hope he will understand.

Now about this whole dating scene... WTF?
Can't I just pick one out (Nicole79;)) like a new puppy and have her delivered with shots up to date a few days of food? That would be much easier....

B&I i'm sorta going thru the same thing man with a break up, but only after 3 years and thank God i wasn't married or have any more kiddos. She told me today (it's been 2 weeks of her moving out) told that if i would of put 10% of effort into this done relationship like i do with my work and side job (Nitrous stuff) we woulda been together forever. Hey i took that as a compliment!!!

On a good note i will hook ya son up as we have already spoken about and hopefully that'll keep his mind off of other things going on. I have 3 kiddos and it's hard to keep sanity between baby mama's, myself and the kiddos.

Keep ya head up with everything and like others have said, enjoy that younger years with ya son and right now. He will be a grown man pretty soon and you never know where life will take ya from where ya at now.............

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats "Big Block" and welcome to the club....

As for "Small Block", 10 is a tough age for it. I've been Divorced for 7 years now and the 'procedure' happened when my kids were 1 and 4. The key is for both parents to understand the KIDS are number one. I can't stand my bitch... I mean, ex-wife. She's petty, constantly late and very selfish, (but i'm sure she says the same things about me), but when it comes to the kids, she does not talk shit about me in front of them, and I return the courtesy.

It keeps our 'family' intact without us being together.

Best of luck to ya buddy.

As for the dating thing... may I suggest you're closest 'bar' for a 'slump-buster' to get it over with. You don't wanna be 'dating' anyone till you've had your rebound thing. AND KEEP THE KID AWAY FROM HER. Don't introduce kids to a G/F for a long time. I learned my lesson about this. Now, my kids don't even know about the girl I am dating now.

Go gett'em Killer..

Timmah
Timmah,

Your opinion matters alot buddy. Thank you for your advice.
My wife and I get along fine, better now in fact than when we were kidding ourselves that we loved each other and our marriage was fine. We are driving together tomorrow to the courthouse. It's all good and she isn't the kind to talk shit. She is actually a great person and a great Mother, just not for me any longer.

And yeah, the whole bar scene, rebound deal is a serious issue for me. I know in my heart I am not ready for anything... however there is this smoking hot 24 year old I know that a $100 will get you an hour of her time...;)

Now get me some promo posters of the Wootten A/Fuel car. I still think that is the coolest combo out there!!! And I have my gloves ready to wipe some 17/36 Goodyears, yet my phone isn't ringing off the hook? What's up with that?

Seriously, thanks everyone for the advice and opinions. It really does make a difference.

·
Trolling the Trolls
15,003 Posts

B&I, stay away from the bar scene, it's not cheap and only last 1-2 nights.

Nose to the grindstone, work and racing. You'll stumble over someone not looking and BAM....how did I get back into this again????

Find a friend/fuck buddy that is "clean" but still wrap it up. No need for your son to have a brother 11-12 years younger than him.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If ya had gone through the Satan worshipping crap I did with my EX-wife..
I would say Congradulations!!

now..I know some guys I worked with were looking to order women over
some Russian sites...no dating required..!..LOL

But on a serious note..Hope things really work out for ya..as these things are
truly a SEE (Signaficant Emotional Event) in our lives..
and sometimes difficult to deal with..especially when kids are involved..

Good Luck!

Matt

1 - 20 of 31 Posts