Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
That makes me sick!! I don't know the owner but I sure do feel for him. Someone said this was the first ever pass on the car. Is that true? Good luck and hope to see you guys back soon. I'm also glad no one was hurt!!

·
20,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this was NOT the first pass as alot of people were saying up there over the weekend. the car is very new but has raced before this weekend and ive got pics of it from 2 weeks ago at the war on wheels race at MIR. glade tommy is ok and he car always build another car.might swing by his shop this week and see whats up with it. as for what happend car made a hard turn to the left after it got out of the groove.

·
Registered
752 Posts
man that sucks! cant believe it ripped the top of the intake off!

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
WOW, I saw it at MIR a couple of weeks back and remarked to a buddy how nice that car was, damn what a shame, glad he is okay.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
there wa s awrite up in DI about him and jamie hancock getting new cars. ITs that new cyngery body thats suppose to be ultra lite and ultra sleek

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
this was NOT the first pass as alot of people were saying up there over the weekend. the car is very new but has raced before this weekend and ive got pics of it from 2 weeks ago at the war on wheels race at MIR. glade tommy is ok and he car always build another car.might swing by his shop this week and see whats up with it. as for what happend car made a hard turn to the left after it got out of the groove.
I think people (like myself) read the DI artical about the car Debuting at this race

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Thats terrible... I hate to see this stuff, especially with such a beautiful ride, but I can't help but notice a few things....

That was a very bizarre move that car made, the vid from the front shows the back pretty straight, while the front seemed to make the real move to the right, almost like it was a reaction to something other then what was happening with the back, very weird chain of events...

Furthermore, what was up w/ the three times he popped the throttle, well after it was pointing at the wall, the last one being the the hardest hit on the throttle split seconds before pounding the wall... Some of these accidents look pretty typical, the back starts to come around, the guy tries to handle it, it gets outta the groove and heads for the wall, but again, look at what end really makes the move for the centerline, where it all started..

I'm just very confused, maybe another "driver" can shed some light on this...

EDIT: I looked at the vid again from the front, looked like the car made a little move to the left right on the hit, he may of put a little input in the wheel to get it to come back, then the front tires came down and it seems as soon as they did the car hooked hard right from the FRONT...

·
Registered
705 Posts
that was a pretty tough thing to watch. I was looking at it in the staging lanes and you could just about smell how fresh the paint was. Glad to see he got out ok.

·
20,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats terrible... I hate to see this stuff, especially with such a beautiful ride, but I can't help but notice a few things....

That was a very bizarre move that car made, the vid from the front shows the back pretty straight, while the front seemed to make the real move to the right, almost like it was a reaction to something other then what was happening with the back, very weird chain of events...

Furthermore, what was up w/ the three times he popped the throttle, well after it was pointing at the wall, the last one being the the hardest hit on the throttle split seconds before pounding the wall... Some of these accidents look pretty typical, the back starts to come around, the guy tries to handle it, it gets outta the groove and heads for the wall, but again, look at what end really makes the move for the centerline, where it all started..

I'm just very confused, maybe another "driver" can shed some light on this...

EDIT: I looked at the vid again from the front, looked like the car made a little move to the left right on the hit, he may of put a little input in the wheel to get it to come back, then the front tires came down and it seems as soon as they did the car hooked hard right from the FRONT...

i dont know what you saw but from where i was standing the car never moved left at the hit. i was about 150 foot out and it went right just past where i was shooting from. the procharger car in the other lane was on and off the gas the whole time during the run and it was WAY louder than tommys car and i couldnt even hear it over the other car. only time i heard tommys motor was when the motor zinged rpm when the tires came off the ground.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I hate to see things like that. First because of concern for the driver, and second because a beautiful car was torn up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts