Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a ron's toilet bowl with gas? Will it put in to much fuel or can you jet it down enough not to run way too rich?

·
e85 & injection guru
5,391 Posts
the big problem is pump size . most are sized to run with a saftey margin . you can size most down to run e-85 with nozzles .to run gas you will mostlikly need a solenoid bypass

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The deal is I bought a used system then learned that you need a lot of compression to make alcohol work good. My engine is a 383 with flat tops that I run on pump gas. It came with a gold pump which I learned is good for pumping water and not much else so I bid on 2 more pumps on e-bay, a black one and a billet, and my luck I won both of them. So I have plenty of pumps now. Then I learned of milking the oil and starting problems and corrosion with alcohol. So I am ambivalent now about changing over. I would like the consistancy that everyone says it will bring but worried about the other problems.

·
Registered
622 Posts
if you want the consistancy of using the toilet, then leave it on alcohol. just my two cents. i had a toilet and started running it on gas so i could spray a lot of nitrous with it and the shit just didnt work good. ended up just goin back to the base setup.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I doubt your compression is contributing to your issues, I have run alky on 9.5-1 engines with good success.

Sounds more like a tuneup issue.

If you want ot go back to gas get a good carb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts