Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A Senior Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had the carburetor pad of their 4150 manifold modified to match up with a Enderle 4 inch mechanical fuel injection throttle body. I do not have the height for a tapered spacer. I am thinking it needs to be welded up in the corners. Any thoughts?
Tom

·
A Senior Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I asked the same question about the pro systems sv-1 carb, but didn't get any real answers. In you'r case I don't think it is all that important being injected.

·
A Senior Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked the same question about the pro systems sv-1 carb, but didn't get any real answers. In you'r case I don't think it is all that important being injected.

I thought I found the answer with an SV1 adapter but it is still off on the aliment and the SV1 has a larger throttle blade at 110mm. I would really like to get away from a spacer because of the additional height. B&B makes a blank spacer so if I had to I could carve one up.

·
A Senior Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom what about using a manifold with a 4500 bolt pattern so you don't have to screw around?
In either case your moving air and not air/fuel so you have less of an issue than a stardard carb.

We bought the throttle body with the 4150 bolt pattern, so I would still have to adapt it to a 4500 pattern manifold and I was also wondering about the air only with the injection if the mismatch will have that much of an affect on the air flow in the manifold and heads? The sides I can blend in but the corners are bad.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
The narrow side of a 4150 open gasket if 3.625 so it means you need to mill or bore .188 out per side. Find someone with a Bridgeport and that will be no problem. Blend any sharp corners and make any transitions flow.
If you can find anyone local take a ride to Rochester and I will do it while you wait.

·
A Senior Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I think I will just blend the little crescent shapes in on the sides and not worry about the corners of the manifold being that the air has no fuel in it at that point. Iam probably over thinking this for the injection.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I would mill the intake aswell as the spacer on both sides. This will help the transision and open up the runners to the carb. if you want to get rid of the spacer, just mill the intake on the sides. Not a big deal.
Good Luck

T-flow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts