·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stolen from;
www.fasteststreetcar.com

Sue Curran

heard from a friend of his, Steve Becker who asked me to post -
Todd is in critical condition with a bruised lung and a few cracked ribs. He will keep me posted on his condiditon.

Todd- we are pullin for ya to come home soon !!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-10-2005 03:55 PM

Randy Ferrell

update
Hey everyone,

I was @ the hospital with Todd and his family until about 12:30
a.m. this morning.

I just talked with Todd's folks on the cell and his condition has
been updated from critical to serious. "Praise the Lord". Good
steps in the right direction. Todd is going to be extended his Memphis trip for a few days however.

Considering how the rest of Todd's weekend had been, I guess
the crash was just the wrapper on a crapper.

We wish Todd and his family and crew all the best, in a fast and
complete healing.

We believe that God's hand is upon him and that what Satan means for bad, God turns to Good.

God Blessings and favor to The Goodwin Racing Team

Ramblin Randy
Pro Chaplain / RFC
Crossroads Ministries

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Thanks Jimmy.... that was a scary run for both of us.... we both put the cars up real high, I'm just thankful we got out front or it may have involved 2 cars.

I'll be praying for Todd.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sending out some well wishes & a speedy recovery to Todd & family.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Thanks for the updates. Been thinking about Todd all the way home. We were pitted side by side and had several laughs and conversations. What a great bunch of guys.

The car was a mess when it came back on the hook. Prayers continue!

Keep the updates coming.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Todd is a true gentleman. I forget which track we were at, but i was at the top end taking chute shots. He had just made a pass and was tucking in his chute. Next thing i know he walks over to me, shakes my hand and introduces himself, and thanks me for my hard work & photos. That really made my day! There are not very many people that would take the time to do that. Just thought i would share :)

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only update I got tonight.....Stolen from;
www.fasteststreetcar.com

Thank you Sue, and any web sites, or e-mail’s would be greatly appreciated as far as the pic's and video goes.

Todd's current condition is serious. He has broken ribs, bruised lung's, and is currently on a ventilator to help his breathing. The doctor felt it was to help prevent pneumonia, and to keep his lung from collapsing.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO, Chaplin Randy Ferrell for being by his bed side. God Bless You!!! You have made a big impression on the Goodwin Family!!!!

Thank You To, Tommy & Eva Thompson, Steve & Roxanne Miller for all there support though it all!!!!

Thank You Scott Sparrow & Heather Nolan for going to the hospital to see Todd!!!

We are all hoping that he comes home soon!!!

All your prayers have been appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
That was the worst crash I've seen in the past 2 years. The last time was witnessing a friend roll 18 times. Todd hit the wall straight ahead of where I was sitting in the stands, I hope he makes a full recovery.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I gotta PM from someone close....they are looking for any Picture's/Video's......any help would be appreciated

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
That was one of the worse crashes I've ever seen. I was standing at the starting line when it happened. Thank God Chris wasn't involved as well.
Get well soon Todd

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stolen from;
www.fastesstreetcar.com

Todd has had 2 more tests this morning, and is expected to have 2 more this afternoon. He is still hanging in there, and seems to be in good spirits. The MRI this morning concluded that he has a broken neck. Really nice to find out 2 days after the fact. Sure doesn't seem like they are doing a very good job there. From what I have heard, he will be wearing a neck brace as well as a halo. I'm sure we will find out more later this afternoon, and I'll try to keep you updated as soon as I can.
Thanks again for all of your concern. It really means a lot to the family.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another Official update Stolen from;
www.fasteststreetcar.com

Scott Sparrow & I paid a visit to Todd this morning at Memphis Regional Hospital. He is currently in the ICU and will remain there for the next couple days. He will, then, remain in the hospital for the next 4-6 days.

Goodwin's condition is serious, but stable. The injuries sustained in Sunday's accident are not life threatening. He has a partially collasped lung, several broken ribs and severe bruising throughout his body.

When we went to see him, he was awake and alert. He remembers the details leading up to the final impact and seems to be in great spirits considering his current situation. He even asked about the final results for all classes and was pleased to to get the update on everyone on the "outside".

Since Goodwin is in the ICU unit, he is unable to receive flowers and such. We will be back in California this evening; and when we get tomorrow's update, we'll be sure to let you all know.

A funny aside: The nurse came in while we were talking and asked how he was. He commented that the morphine button was really helping. He joked that if he had it in his right hand that it would be just like his trans brake button.

In other words, he'll be okay.

Heather Nolan

1 - 20 of 41 Posts