Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really to finish off my mk12 inspired build it needs a ops INC suppressor. With this election has me wondering if I should wait or just go for it and wait! So none the less which wait should I wait for? :)

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Really to finish off my mk12 inspired build it needs a ops INC suppressor. With this election has me wondering if I should wait or just go for it and wait! So none the less which wait should I wait for? :)
Eh, if you have 200!to spare then go get an omega .30 you will be happy you did!!! Worth every penny

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Waiting or not waiting is a catch-22 situation.
If you wait - it will take forever for them to get around to it - and once they do there will be no suppressors left to buy because everybody will want one.
If you don't wait - you'll spend $200 on a stamp that you might have been able to save IF you timed it right and purchased just ahead of the rush.
I'd just go ahead and get it now. Who knows? It might never get passed anyway.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,602 Posts
Go ahead and get it now. You'll be old and grey waiting on government to do anything.

And if you are banking on getting your $200 back IF it passes I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you....

·
Registered
993 Posts
I wouldn't wait. Get in line. if they come off the nfa they'll be for sale for two days at ultra high prices before they sell out. 41p/f strained the suppressor manufacturers pretty hard. Suppressor shooters make up maybe 1% of firearms owners. Wait until every Tom, Dick, and Harry with no patience and a credit card see's they can get one without the wait. If you think you're gonna save some dough by waiting, you're wrong. There will be a huge demand. Title 2 items aren't charged excise tax but if suppressors become title 1 weapons they will.

Another thing...if you buy a couple from your local shop. Maybe if they come off the nfa act they'll set one aside for you. Did I mention how hard to get and expensive they will be if they ever come off that? Sure, the price will come down, but it won't be for a long while.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't wait. Get in line. if they come off the nfa they'll be for sale for two days at ultra high prices before they sell out. 41p/f strained the suppressor manufacturers pretty hard. Suppressor shooters make up maybe 1% of firearms owners. Wait until every Tom, Dick, and Harry with no patience and a credit card see's they can get one without the wait. If you think you're gonna save some dough by waiting, you're wrong. There will be a huge demand. Title 2 items aren't charged excise tax but if suppressors become title 1 weapons they will.

Another thing...if you buy a couple from your local shop. Maybe if they come off the nfa act they'll set one aside for you. Did I mention how hard to get and expensive they will be if they ever come off that? Sure, the price will come down, but it won't be for a long while.
I agree. Buddy of mine his brother in law is class 3 dealer. Charges a 100 bucks for transfer fee. Thought that was kinda steep but maybe not.

·
Banned
17,411 Posts
You would think the companies would ramp up production anticipating a positive outcome of the Hearing Protection Act.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.