Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actualy tested with and without tubes to see if there is any performance advantages either way?I currently run 33/10.5/15w on 14 wide beadlocks on a 3100lb car.Need guidance.

·
Registered
130 Posts
??? gains with or without the tubes??

·
Registered
156 Posts
Interesting ..are you running the 14" rim for a better footprint? does it have to be a beadlock to do it? any drawbacks?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I went to tubes and the car is more stable. It didn’t seem to walk around on top end near as much. As far as traction, I changed to many other variables to give a good answer.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I'm switching to tubes. Plugged my M/T 28x11.5x15 slicks after discovering a nail when unloading at the track. Another racer told me he plugs his slicks all the time, so I borrowed his kit & plugged the tire. The plug held on a easy shakedown pass. Next pass the car got out of control at the 1000' and I crossed lanes and bounced off the wall at 150 mph. When I got out I found the plugged slick to be flat.

It's tubes for me from now on, if I get a flat the tire & tube get patched.

BTW- the car hit the wall parallel and bounced off the wall with only min. body damage.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Plugs? Really? PLUGS? That has to be the stupidest thing I've heard on here in a long time.
You should feel extremely lucky, minimal damage, no injuries to yourself.
Why the fuck would you take a chance with a plug in a car that goes 150+ ......just makes NO sense. Plain stupid.
Sorry had to say it.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Plugs? Really? PLUGS? That has to be the stupidest thing I've heard on here in a long time.
You should feel extremely lucky, minimal damage, no injuries to yourself.
Why the fuck would you take a chance with a plug in a car that goes 150+ ......just makes NO sense. Plain stupid.
Sorry had to say it.
I hear ya Bro. The guy that gave me the plug attended the late Jim Harrington's Drag Racing school at Atco.
Jim himself plugged my buddies car. He told my buddy his dragsters have about thirty plugs in the tires.
Now my buddy feels bad for giving me the plug, and I feel stupid for plugging the tire.
Guess we got some bad advice, here's a pic of Jim plugging my buddy's car at Atco.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Here's a pic of the damage. Driver's side tire when flat around 1000'.
I lifted and the car when dead right crossing the center line heading straight for the wall.
At the last second I yanked the wheel and the car bounced off the wall square on the tires that stick out a little from the body.
I broke the other lane's beam (after I hit the wall) at [email protected]

[/QUOTE]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts