Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be needing some new tires soon.I run a N/A SBF on a good track with pretty good air I can go 1.24-1.26 60ft.Like most N/A combos I try to hit the tires pretty hard.I'm thinking about trying a Hoosier 275,but my money is pretty tight since I've been out of work untill a month ago so I would like some good info if possible.My combo is in my signature but it's stk susp.2950lbs,glide,,,etc, anyway I wanted to see what I could find on here or anyone else is running them on a N/A combo.

Thanks

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
See if you can borrow a set and try out before you buy. I tried radials once.. They spun the whole 1/4 and by the end of the day had put me into the wall having me slice the sidewalls with a knife so they could do no more harm. Lots of guys on here run em but for the life of me...I'll never know why,,,TLW.

·
I like to party!!
4,338 Posts
Never tried the Hoosier's but have gone back and forth with the MT tires. Radials work better on my car but I'm not 60'ing like you either. Plus I think that the radials are more stable on the top end.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I don't have to work I'll try to go to the next 275 race

·
Registered
671 Posts
Do you have a 10" rim??? If so were running the new 295/60/15 M/T dragradials now & love them... As for the 275/60/15s Hoosiers hook great but don't last long.. BFG's worked but lots of suspension testing to get the 60' down.. Best so far was the M/T's for overall use.. get about 60-80 passes & hook great.. Tire pressure is key!! Haven't tested with the new Goodyears but heard alot of good feedback on them.... Hope this helps

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hoosiers tire are great from what i "heard" they say they got a better thread than mickey t's.on set of m/t's last me all year and i have a low 8 sec car.With all that hp my car make they hook just fine and my car make 1000+++hp on 1 stage.Yall got small blocks yall can leave on it.But of you want to know how m/t's do if you have a small block go on my profile and you will see ryan _______profile,and then you can ask him how he do it

·
IN THE FRONT
4,015 Posts
See if you can borrow a set and try out before you buy. I tried radials once.. They spun the whole 1/4 and by the end of the day had put me into the wall having me slice the sidewalls with a knife so they could do no more harm. Lots of guys on here run em but for the life of me...I'll never know why,,,TLW.
We run them because they make slicks look silly!!!
Hoosier 275s Rock!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts