Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well , wife will be going back to work soon , now that my son s 1 years old , and we're thinking of haveing a 3rd child , say in a years or so
im 41 now and the wife s 40 this week , so it's going to rough on her , i ll be 43 and wife will be 41 or so

what you guy s think , 2 is enough , or go for it

we know we'll need a bigger car (mayve mini van) lol lol , and have to figure out some thing for another bad room
but it's not about that stuff

thanks

·
I am sweet and innocent..
2,318 Posts
Its definately a big decision at any stage in your lives. But, before you decide, I would definately go see her OB doc and get his thoughts/recommendations.

On another note.. I was a middle child, and I guess I did have middle child syndrome... So when we had our 2 boys, we stopped there. I did not want to do a third ( and mine were both over 10lbs, so Doc highly suggested doing it again would not be in my best interest-- he did not have to say it twice).

Good luck with whatever you decide! They are precious whether they are planned for or by accident!

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,399 Posts
Your not really going to let the bullet decide this for you?

Think about being 55 and having a catch with your 11 year old. Or being 62 to 66 and trying to put kids through college? or when your 73 and the youngest finally leaves home.... Personally i'd hold at the two, but i don't even have 1.... Good luck

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holy cow 10 lbers , god bless you
my wife s a middle child , she says she was okay , but she had 2 brothers
thanks

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
na , the bullet will not make my decition , i just wanted to know what you guy thought

you do have a piont about the older age stuff

·
Registered
293 Posts
That is a tough one I know I have been thinking of the same thing.I am 41 wife is 32, we have 2 boys 1 and3 years old,I would love a third and she is young enough but will I be able to keep up when my kids are 10 years old or so.I love my boys and would love a third but...........we will see .Good luck to you in your decision

·
I am sweet and innocent..
2,318 Posts
holy cow 10 lbers , god bless you
my wife s a middle child , she says she was okay , but she had 2 brothers
thanks
lol .. yeah and thank you.
middle child with brothers may be the difference then. ;)
older and younger sister (all girls---' nuff said!) .. and I was the baby for 9.5 years before I got put in the middle :D lol

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aaaa , i see , why to girl bet so bitchy with each other , even sisters
i see it with some of my girl friend s and there sisiers

we don't care if it s going to be a boy or a girl
we have one of each right now , and loving ever minute of it
all thought the terable 2 / 3 are not alway easy lol

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
My wife and I wanted to have three, but we had to stop at two. My girls are 14 and 17 now, I couldn't imagine my life without them. If you have them in even numbers, none of the children get left out of anything. I was number 4 out of 5. Three older sisters, and a younger brother that was way cuter than me. I got over looked for everything except for when the shit hit the fan....

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I am your age..have one of each....4b and 2g.....this is more than enough for me....One more and id have to commit myself to the looney bin....:rolleyes:...I went to the dr and had it snipped to make sure there were no accidents...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Well, Only you know your situation, but I would second the getting the Dr's opinion. We have an 18 yr old daughter and a 14 yr old son, and now an almost 3 yr old son. An absolutely perfect healthy, great kid !He wasnt planned though! My wife was 42 then and she did well. If you feel like its REALLY what you want, God be with you ! 3 are more work than you think !!! Luckily we have 2 great built in babysitters, and without them, it would be really tough ! I havent made time to get a V done yet, but it will happen this summer ! But I hate thinking about being 62, when he graduates HS !! I'll be the one in the back or side, in the wheelchair, wobbling !

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
If you can afford the $$$ and needed time to raise a child properly.....

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
if you ca afford it and want to wait till your 60+ before the kids are out on there own ... go for it

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would be worried about Downs Syndrome at this point. My mom was 43 when she had me and my parents were scared of that. Luckily I turned out normal (somewhat:rolleyes:) And my mom did say that I helped to keep her young.

We had our last child at 30. That was old enough for me. Good luck with whatever you choose. :)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

Think about being 55 and having a catch with your 11 year old. Or being 62 to 66 and trying to put kids through college? or when your 73 and the youngest finally leaves home.... Personally i'd hold at the two, but i don't even have 1.... Good luck
What he said. Also, consider the welfare of the 2 you already have and how much better you'll be able to provide for them. Plus, more pregnancy complications and birth defects after 40.

·
Registered
288 Posts

At the rate you're going, you'll be 55+ and putting a kid through college. :lol:

;)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts