Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Yb word crew
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a question....when you pull someone over and they pull out fop cards whats your reaction???? do they help the violator??? or does it piss you off??? the reason i ask is i just received another card from one of my customers...but ive never used them....i figure if you pull me over theres a reason...thanks

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Whats a fop card?

·
Yb word crew
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fraternal order of police

·
Yb word crew
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive got three now...had the chance but i knew i was in the wrong so i took the ticket....

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Don't bother with the card. Put a sticker on your window and be respectful to the officer but don't try to suck up. You'll probably get a warning.

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts
My whole family is in law enforcement in one way or another. Hell, my gf's dad is an FOP shop steward. I'm at 90% of the local PBA functions. I don't even have those cards or stickers.

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
i used the shit ouf of them! my dad is a retired deputy chief of police, and family friend is retired capitain for nj state police. never had a ticket, went to court a couple times but usually dropped to loitering-mostly for spectating at street races. i did have a Delaware Port Authority cop throw the card back at me, and after court i just had a $35 court fine and he was suspended. but the way he was picking up speeders was against there policy and he had many complaints against him for harrassing people he pulled over:-Shower

·
Registered
891 Posts
i used the shit ouf of them! my dad is a retired deputy chief of police, and family friend is retired capitain for nj state police. never had a ticket, went to court a couple times but usually dropped to loitering-mostly for spectating at street races. i did have a Delaware Port Authority cop throw the card back at me, and after court i just had a $35 court fine and he was suspended. but the way he was picking up speeders was against there policy and he had many complaints against him for harrassing people he pulled over:-Shower
LOL.. was this down Front street?

·
Registered
19,904 Posts
you mean taping a $50 to the window and rolling it up in front of the cop doesnt work, lol
what is the FOP card, something they give you thats supposed to make a dif to the cop, like you belong to it?
i thought the Yellow Bullet sticker was supposed to do that

·
Registered
293 Posts
We have FOP cards in Cleveland and the CPPA...Cleveland Police Patrolman's Association we honor both for MINOR traffic, it depends on the attitude of the person you have stopped I had a guy fan about ten cards at me like an a$$hole and I took all ten, and gave him a break.
On a traffic stop with or with out a card humility goes a long way.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
FOP has a bad rep in NJ. I usually don't honor Associate Member FOP cards/shields. You can give a donation and "buy "an FOP Associate Shield which means nothing.

If the person is a FOP Member then he/she is OTJ which is honored.

Here in NJ/NY, it's PBA territory.

There are other things I ask if I'm presented with a "card"

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
so what is being said is if you're one of use, you have a much better chance of getting a pass, imagine that:rolleyes:

The cops that say just be nice and you will get a warning for a minor infraction, HA!!!!!!!, tell your buddies in california that

I do the whole yes sir, no sir, genuine respect deal when I get pulled over, no attitude, I'd say I'm 50/50 for tickets/warnings, got a +5 in a 55 zone once, that was fun, speedo said 58, roadside digital speed sign said 56

we dont have cops in CA like Mr. OC, for something like a mudflap violation you get a fix it ticket with a $$ amount attached

1 - 20 of 65 Posts