Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal....... Last nite I ran a unnamed turbo car 3rd round qualifying. I lit my bottom bulb 1st and waited about 10-15 seconds for my opponent to spool and move into 1st light.AS ALWAYS,I waited for him to turn on the second light,Aprox 15 seconds. He finally did and I moved in to my 2nd bulb within 3 seconds,not the allowed time of 7 seconds.We ran and pulled on to shut off area. This BIG DUDE comes running at me,MFn me and pissed as hell ready to lay me out,tellin me that it was MY job to light the second light 1st light,as a courtesy light. This DUDE is PISSED
Never heard of this,been racin a long time....WAS I WRONG????
Dont need bystanders opions,only racers.....Let me know so I dont kill someones else's trans like this guy did. I got thick skin,let me know what YOU RACERS think. I am a nitrous car
Johnny Rotten

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
You mean you lit your top bulb first and waited for him? You're not wrong. A lot of guys using turbos expect to go in last but like in your case they didn't get to. You're not wrong.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
courtesy is only allowing the other guy to prestage before you stage. once both are prestaged there are pretty much no eticate.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I usually try to go in last, personal preference for me, and I'm a nitrous guy. I see nothing wrong with what you described. Like he said, you go in when you're ready! Next time, tell him to chill the F out

·
Registered
945 Posts
The car was mine and here is the replay:

Johnny lit his first bulb

I staged second and lit my first bulb sitting on the 2 step waiting for Johnny to light his second bulb but he did not so after about 7 sec I lit my second bulb and sat for another couple seconds (which is technically a double bulb and I do not double bulb my opponents on purpose) and then he finally lit his second bulb. He did stage in typical time after I finally had to double bulb but he would not stage until I double bulbed.

I burned down my trans in the process. In hind sight I learned I will not wait or courtesy stage at the cost of another transmission again since many racers do not even know what it is to stage properly.

Yes Johnny as you already know I was very upset and I do apologize for my physical outburst but considering getting burned down can lead to accidents as well as it cost me a very vialble shot at the race even though we swapped out trannies and were replaced in the ladder because we did not make it up in time.

As far as I am concerned I am over this and bitching will not help pay for a converter and trany rebuild but I can assure you I will not let this happen again.

Tom

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Once both pre stage bulbs are lit, it's open season.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'd have told him to get lost! As long as you didnt double bulb him. Seems to me you were letting him do his thing, spooling up and all that crap then you went in, correct? I see after my first post that the guy, Tom is man enough to appoligize. Thats cool. But like someone else said, when you're both pre staged, it's on!

·
Registered
303 Posts
You did nothing wrong, he is not entitled to stage last because he has a turbo car. What does he do when he races another turbo car, give the guy the finger.
It sounds like he graduated from the warren johnson drag racing
school, I GO IN LAST, ALWAYS.
You should have pointed to the name on your window and waved at him, to really piss him off. :-D:-D

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
that is not a double bulb tom

·
Senior Frog
10,412 Posts
some of you are slow as shit to stage...like old lady's.....
what the hell are you guys doing in some of your cars?
turbo cars dont run the lights and if they need time to spool up
its not my problem...fuck em ill go in after the turbo guy from now on,cook that tranny I dont mind

·
Super Moderator
9,259 Posts
Agreed, when both bottom bulbs are lit it is every man for himself. It is nice if you both go in as fast as possible. If 3 bulbs are lit the autostart should time you out if you take too long. Milan should have the autostart set a 7 seconds (per the "Tyson" rule...lol). Things happen in the heat of the moment and people get pissed. It sounds like both guys are over it.

·
Morrell Booster
6,893 Posts
some of you are slow as shit to stage...like old lady's.....
what the hell are you guys doing in some of your cars?
turbo cars dont run the lights and if they need time to spool up
its not my problem...fuck em ill go in after the turbo guy from now on,cook that tranny I dont mind

I tend to agree, I would melt the turbo guy down as well.:-D

·
Registered
945 Posts
This has nothing to do with going in last. As a courtesy If I stage first (and sometimes I do) I wait for the next guy to stage and then I light my second bulb and he lights his second bulb. The same holds true if I stage second. This has nothing to do with spooling, it is just common courtesy. Now in eliminations I understand and know how to play games as technically after both pre-stage lights are lit then all bets are off. I have always tried to stage this way as a courtesy to my opponents but clearly that does not matter.

As I stated, I am over it, apologized to Johnny for my outburst and will not let it happen again.

Tom

1 - 20 of 110 Posts