Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Vendor
6,428 Posts
Hi guys. Take a look at my site if you are interested in safety gear. Most likely I can save you some money over what is listed on there depending what you buy. There are a lot of brands that aren't on the site that I have access to as well. If you need something from NECKSGEN, BELL, PYROTECT, RACEQUIP, SIMPSON, ZAMP, HJC or G-FORCE (they are under new ownership and stock is depleted but will be back up soon) let me know. Here is a link to the helmets on my site and I welcome emails and phone calls. The pricing you see is MAP but I have been on here a long time and always try to help out the members. My contact information is on the website.
Some brand helmets have interchangeable pads inside to get that perfect fit. That is something that you might want to look at.

·
Vendor
6,428 Posts
I have to buy a helmet in the next couple months, I'm going to try a G force CF-3, will report back as to how I like it. For a carbon fiber helmet it's pretty cheap, overseas made I'm sure but it fits my budget.
Those are very nice helmets. You will be lucky to find one as they stopped making them in early 2019. I sold a bunch of them I bought on clearance. Maybe some big warehouses might have them still in stock.

·
Vendor
6,428 Posts
Guys - I am looking at the Bell lineup and like the RS7 and M.8 Carbon. I know these are a few hundred more than I wanted to spend but I have a few more weeks to save now that the Super Bandit did not work out.

Do any of you see a problem with the Narrower eyeport of the RS7? I do not wear sunglasses under my visor- I will have the yellowish visor, thoughts?

https://www.bellracing.com/Shop/Category/drag
HIC if you didn't purchase yet let me know what size and color you are looking for. I might be able to help.

·
Vendor
6,428 Posts
Does NHRA recognize snell ratings?
Yes. You currently need Snell 2010 or newer. The Snell 2015 mandated that M6 inserts be installed in the helmets for a head and neck restraint. The Snell 2010 did not but it may have the holes drilled. The Snell 2020 helmets are not allowed to be released until October 1, 2020 and the Snell 2010 helmets are good until January 1, 2022.

·
Vendor
6,428 Posts
The only thing wrong with a M series helmet, while it might be allowed by NHRA or other sanctioning bodies, is that it is not tested the way an SA series is tested. The SA series is tested for multiple side impacts like might incur in a crash or rollover into the side of your roll cage or door. The M series has not. It does have a larger field of vision though as it is meant to be used on the highway on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Well if you wear straight ear piece glasses don't get the Vador helmet. I could not get my glasses on while wearing it. Had to send it back. Just a heads up.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts