Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
El-conquistador, sir
17,424 Posts
I think only the cheapest Simpson helmets are made in China. The super bandit for example is made in US.
Correct, but they hauled 44 illegal aliens out of the shop and sent them back to Mexico. I bought an Impact 1320, love it. 1st I mail ordered a bell, it was so fucking big it came truck freight banded down to a skid. I shit you not put it on my head and could spin it around my head like Linda Blair in the exorcist. That's when I drove to Impact and was fitted for one 350.00 out the door.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
That is what I ended up with, after trying my new impact for a day or 2 compared to my old one there was no way I was comfortable with it. Fortunately on my way to Bradenton last week we stopped by the summit store in Georgia and I was able to try on everything they had in my size. Racequip was the only thing that fit. I had no idea this process was going to be such a pain in the ass and cost me so much money in freight sending helmets back. Lesson learned.
The impacts have changeable sizes of cheek pads, the Simpsons don't. Had a Nitro Impact before, ordered the Impact champ. Big problem on the amount of time the delivery will take. Went to the Simpson trailer at Wild Horse Pass during the nationals and didn't really like any of them. Hope the new Impact doesn't disappoint.

Rick

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I have to buy a helmet in the next couple months, I'm going to try a G force CF-3, will report back as to how I like it. For a carbon fiber helmet it's pretty cheap, overseas made I'm sure but it fits my budget.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
The impacts have changeable sizes of cheek pads, the Simpsons don't. Had a Nitro Impact before, ordered the Impact champ. Big problem on the amount of time the delivery will take. Went to the Simpson trailer at Wild Horse Pass during the nationals and didn't really like any of them. Hope the new Impact doesn't disappoint.

Rick
My Simpson came with different size cheek pads but it was the brow that was tight on the XL impact or the face guard was too close on the Simpson. If I could get a 2x impact like I had I think I would have been ok but they don't even offer it now

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
My Simpson came with different size cheek pads but it was the brow that was tight on the XL impact or the face guard was too close on the Simpson. If I could get a 2x impact like I had I think I would have been ok but they don't even offer it now
The lady at the Simpson trailer is the one that told us they didn't have changeable cheek pads. Good luck on all helmet purchases, I hope nobody has to test one out in a crash.

Rick

·
Banned
12 Posts
I have over 25 different helmet models, but my favorite moto helmet is the Shark Spartan Motorcycle Helmet with Green Horns. This is just a work of art. I remember how a few years ago I just wore a classic white helmet from a store, but after I came across pickmyhelmet.com and saw the whole assortment, I realized that I had to wear each of these helmets at least once. Ohh, it seems to me that any biker is ready to kill me for such a collection of helmets ...

·
Registered
788 Posts
I just ordered a Bell Vador. Probably have it at the end of next week or so. I have used a Pyrotect for the last couple years and I just never cared for how the padding inside is laid out. When I put my glasses on I can’t get the ear pieces behind my ears. I still see fine out of them but it’s an annoyance that I want to get rid of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have over 25 different helmet models, but my favorite moto helmet is the Shark Spartan Motorcycle Helmet with Green Horns. This is just a work of art. I remember how a few years ago I just wore a classic white helmet from a store, but after I came across pickmyhelmet.com and saw the whole assortment, I realized that I had to wear each of these helmets at least once. Ohh, it seems to me that any biker is ready to kill me for such a collection of helmets ...
Who the hell keeps 25 helmet models? Are you a collectionner? Could you share some pictures?

·
I kill parts
9,910 Posts
I have a carbon fiber g-force that the cert is getting close on. I really like it, so I ordered a new one and they've changed it to the point I pulled it on once, stuck it back in the box and sent it back.

Got a carbon one from SST Motorsports and it's decent, cheek pads are a tad tight for my liking but probably safer that way in the event the helmet were needed.

Not an Impact fan simply because of the phony SFI tag crap they pulled years back that left a lot of racers hanging/scrambling to rectify.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts