Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I like Arai helmets, they make different models for different shape heads. Some are for round heads, others for long and narrow and I think some are in between the two.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
This thread is getting long so I will be brief here.

NOTE: Current Impact helmet sizing does not match what they publish on their site, or on any other site, beware.

Having said that, I bought two impact champ's to get the right fit. After doing this I love the helmet, love that it is made in the US and the fit, finish and construction is way better than the Simpson Super Bandit at the same price point.

Sewn into the large was 60-61 - The site conflicts with this and tech support was clueless. Sewn into the Medium was 57-59, again this does not match their sizing chart but rest assured it was on the small side of that number.

I hate ordering multiple items knowing that I will be returning a few. However, in this case it was the only way for me to get a proper fit in a reasonable amount of time.

I still think the Bell offering, either M.8 or Rs7 would have been the better choice but I had to have something now and I saved a few hundred bucks. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I have a flat black Racequip and like it.
That is what I ended up with, after trying my new impact for a day or 2 compared to my old one there was no way I was comfortable with it. Fortunately on my way to Bradenton last week we stopped by the summit store in Georgia and I was able to try on everything they had in my size. Racequip was the only thing that fit. I had no idea this process was going to be such a pain in the ass and cost me so much money in freight sending helmets back. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
That is what I ended up with, after trying my new impact for a day or 2 compared to my old one there was no way I was comfortable with it. Fortunately on my way to Bradenton last week we stopped by the summit store in Georgia and I was able to try on everything they had in my size. Racequip was the only thing that fit. I had no idea this process was going to be such a pain in the ass and cost me so much money in freight sending helmets back. Lesson learned.
Sorry that we couldn't get our deal to work, but in fairness your sizing is very different than the avg racer. LOL if thats a nice way to put it? Glad you found something that worked. Good luck racing this year and stay safe!:)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Did you notice if your Impact had sizing sewn into the helmet that did not match the chart they provide online like the Champs I received? I am with you on the pain in the ass part - I think I spent over, or close to, 100 dollars on return freight. I hope this thread helps someone avoid the pitfalls we experienced.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Sorry that we couldn't get our deal to work, but in fairness your sizing is very different than the avg racer. LOL if thats a nice way to put it? Glad you found something that worked. Good luck racing this year and stay safe!:)
certainly no hard feelings, I talked to a few of my buddys the other night at dinner and they agreed that simpson was close to the face but they chose to deal with it, it actually fit my head perfect. I didn't notice any sizing differences on the impact other than the fact that the 2x I wanted was not in production yet and the 1x recommended did not fit comfortable, it was too tight in the forehead . I think the sizing of the old and new impacts are the same... that's another thing we are up against right now, supply and demand. but im done, got a helmet and went racing already, life is good lol

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Just bought a new Simpson Bandit just like my SA2005 one that just expired. Only difference really is that the hans holes are predrilled, which is good. I thought of getting a new one but I really liked the Bandit after having it for 10+ years, and luckily I never got to try out how well it works.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Anyone ever get one of the carbon G force helmets? Price looks good, curious to hear if anyone likes them or not.

I had a regular bandit and I liked that but it's out of date and I need to pick something up, preferably with the HANS provisions on it since I'll likely be doing one of those too.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Anyone ever get one of the carbon G force helmets? Price looks good, curious to hear if anyone likes them or not.

I had a regular bandit and I liked that but it's out of date and I need to pick something up, preferably with the HANS provisions on it since I'll likely be doing one of those too.
FYI, all the new sa2015 helmets have the head and neck restraint provisions, it's part of the spec now

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Oh good that's helpful to know.

Anyone with a G force CF3 carbon helmet out there? It looks nice.... I'm sure made over seas, which I don't really like but it's within my budget unfortunately.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts