Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for a new helmet. I was looking at the Simpson Bandit or the Bell BR.1 - also the Bell Vader looks interesting but not sure on the FOV? but it seems they are now made in China according to my search on previous threads.

I see Impact is made in the USA, but do not see one that really looks comfortable. I do not want to drain the bank so about 600, perhaps a little more is my budget.

I know there are older threads on this but I could not find much that is current.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think only the cheapest Simpson helmets are made in China. The super bandit for example is made in US.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
It's time for a new helmet. I was looking at the Simpson Bandit or the Bell BR.1 - also the Bell Vader looks interesting but not sure on the FOV? but it seems they are now made in China according to my search on previous threads.

I see Impact is made in the USA, but do not see one that really looks comfortable. I do not want to drain the bank so about 600, perhaps a little more is my budget.

I know there are older threads on this but I could not find much that is current.

Thanks in advance.
All of the impact helmets are made in th USA. Bell helmets are made in a new plant in Bahrain not china. The Simpson Bandit is made in China,All of the carbon simpson helmets are made in the USA excpet for the carbon devil ray,carbon bandit,venator and venator pro are all made in china along with some of the non carbon helmets.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I just went through this issue this week after having an impact helmet that I liked a lot for 7 years or so. I went with a Simpson after getting some help from a member on here ( slick Vic). It's on the way so I will see how it fits and feels soon but the price was right and I hope it's as comfortable as my old one. By the way, I was going to go with another impact but it seems sizing has changed a little over the years so I went with Vic's advice on a Simpson. Also there's a big demand right now and I need one ASAP, just something else to think about.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went through this issue this week after having an impact helmet that I liked a lot for 7 years or so. I went with a Simpson after getting some help from a member on here ( slick Vic). It's on the way so I will see how it fits and feels soon but the price was right and I hope it's as comfortable as my old one. By the way, I was going to go with another impact but it seems sizing has changed a little over the years so I went with Vic's advice on a Simpson. Also there's a big demand right now and I need one ASAP, just something else to think about.
I have seen alot of the helmets are shipping months from now. What Simpson did you go with?

Anyone that sells this stuff that can help me out with some advice would be appreciated as well. This is a tough decision for me, I see that the top of the line helmets can cross the 3k range, but I feel like I should be able to get a quality product for 600. Am I off base with that assumption? I dont want to regret the decision the one time I need it, or worse - not be able to regret it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All of the impact helmets are made in th USA. Bell helmets are made in a new plant in Bahrain not china. The Simpson Bandit is made in China,All of the carbon simpson helmets are made in the USA excpet for the carbon devil ray,carbon bandit,venator and venator pro are all made in china along with some of the non carbon helmets.
Do you know where the Simpson Super Bandit is made? I am guessing China, but another member above said US?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I have seen alot of the helmets are shipping months from now. What Simpson did you go with?

Anyone that sells this stuff that can help me out with some advice would be appreciated as well. This is a tough decision for me, I see that the top of the line helmets can cross the 3k range, but I feel like I should be able to get a quality product for 600. Am I off base with that assumption? I dont want to regret the decision the one time I need it, or worse - not be able to regret it.
simpson bandit, matte black. and I felt the 4-500 dollar range was reasonable and that's where I ended up. call or pm member "slick vic" on here, like I said he was more than helpful and knowledgeable

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Do you know where the Simpson Super Bandit is made? I am guessing China, but another member above said US?
Simpson told me the super bandit is made in the USA. Regular bandit is china.
I just got an Impact Champ...it's a little tight now but I'm sure it'll get looser as I wear it in.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Simpson told me the super bandit is made in the USA. Regular bandit is china.
I just got an Impact Champ...it's a little tight now but I'm sure it'll get looser as I wear it in.
Thanks, this decision is harder! The Super Bandit looks great if I can find one in stock..

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I had the standard Simpson Diamondback for a few years now, went with the carbon Diamondback with the new Snell 2015. From what I was told, anything that is "sized" 7 1/8, 7 1/4, etc is USA made while S/M/L is Chinese made when to comes to Simpson.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had the standard Simpson Diamondback for a few years now, went with the carbon Diamondback with the new Snell 2015. From what I was told, anything that is "sized" 7 1/8, 7 1/4, etc is USA made while S/M/L is Chinese made when to comes to Simpson.
I need an XL so that is promising, but honestly I have heard so many conflicting stories.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Helmets are one area where I do not necessary feel that the most expensive is the best. Of course I have never owned a helmet that costs over 1k, but I also dont drive TF.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I needed a new one quick. I found the super bandit at speedway with a 25 dollar two day shipping discount.

I will update this post when it comes in.

Super Bandit Matte - XL 579.00 with 2 day shipping.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
simpson bandit, matte black. and I felt the 4-500 dollar range was reasonable and that's where I ended up. call or pm member "slick vic" on here, like I said he was more than helpful and knowledgeable

Thanks again Eric! Glad i could help! Let me know if anyone needs pricing on advice on helmets, i carry most major brands. There is a mad rush to get helmets right now since the 2005's are not longer valid so wait times may be a little longer on getting it. Stocks are low across the board and new pricing has added to the issue. We just happened to have the exact helmet Eric wanted in stock at one of my reps places so we were able to make it happen.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I needed a new one quick. I found the super bandit at speedway with a 25 dollar two day shipping discount.

I will update this post when it comes in.

Super Bandit Matte - XL 579.00 with 2 day shipping.

579 is retail for matte in that style. Glad you found one that you liked! Next time give me a chance, i may be able to save you some money!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
579 is retail for matte in that style. Glad you found one that you liked! Next time give me a chance, i may be able to save you some money!
Well, I need a NecksGen so I will be in touch. For my situation I figured a 600 dollar helmet and a NecksGen would be more protection than a 1200 dollar helmet. My old helmet is junk, dropped a few times and old. With my current suspension issues I had to make my wife feel a bit better!

My thinking may be flawed but I could not pull the trigger on a more expensive bucket leaving nothing for a NecksGen or HANS. I hope this thing is made in the US or I just wasted 100 bux. :) - I would have gone with the bandit. I also need to add funny car bars to my cage, maybe next year!

Also, I am always about helping other forum members when I can. I wish some of you guys would get with Pro1 on some deals!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Well, I need a NecksGen so I will be in touch. For my situation I figured a 600 dollar helmet and a NecksGen would be more protection than a 1200 dollar helmet. My old helmet is junk, dropped a few times and old. With my current suspension issues I had to make my wife feel a bit better!

My thinking may be flawed but I could not pull the trigger on a more expensive bucket leaving nothing for a NecksGen or HANS. I hope this thing is made in the US or I just wasted 100 bux. :) - I would have gone with the bandit. I also need to add funny car bars to my cage, maybe next year!

Also, I am always about helping other forum members when I can. I wish some of you guys would get with Pro1 on some deals!
Sounds good, let me know when you are ready! Pro1 looks like they only make belts. Looks like they are in the price range with a lot of other manufacturers, without the brand name. That can make the sale difficult. Sometimes a brand name will win over a better product just because people feel better about the brand name.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts

My thinking was the same as yours and I felt a thousand dollar budget was well worth the extra protection.
I just bought a necksgen also, there's a few different choices and price ranges. Unfortunately Vic couldn't do anything much with the pricing on that but he was up front and pointed me in the right direction instead of just trying to make a sale. Needless to say everything is on the way and I am looking forward to racing in a couple weeks with a higher level of safety to match the upgraded horse power.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Yes, currently Necksgens are selling for 499$ direct from them. Thats the lowest i have seen them. My rep has some in stock but hasn't budged on price so buying direct right now is the best place to get them. I will hopefully get updates in the next week or so which will bring my pricing in line with what they are selling direct with.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts