Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They charged me over $50 for a fucking cabin air filter

(GM # 92234714) (Delco CF178).

I went to the dealer to get one, since mine was filthy, and they had to get it from the warehouse (no problem.)

Get there the next day, filter is sitting waiting for me with warehouse invoice on it. Dealer cost? $21.98 plan as day on the invoice.

My cost? $46.16, or $50.50 with tax. Over 100% markup.

I'm all for supporting your local dealer but it's fucking highway robbery. One bad thing after another with that damn dealership, never again.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Freight

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
LOL dealer pulled same stuff with wifes car... they wanted 68 total P&L. I bought filter for 14.69 installed in less than 1 minute.

·
JustSayin' CyberWarFare
3,326 Posts

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
You did business with a dealership and it only cost you $50, and you're crying about it? Doesn't sound that bad to me.

Hell the oil change I just did myself cost damn near $40!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
They charged me over $50 for a fucking cabin air filter

(GM # 92234714) (Delco CF178).

I went to the dealer to get one, since mine was filthy, and they had to get it from the warehouse (no problem.)

Get there the next day, filter is sitting waiting for me with warehouse invoice on it. Dealer cost? $21.98 plan as day on the invoice.

My cost? $46.16, or $50.50 with tax. Over 100% markup.

I'm all for supporting your local dealer but it's fucking highway robbery. One bad thing after another with that damn dealership, never again.

that normal mark on fast moving items.where do you think the parts makes there money at selling engines an transmissions

1 - 20 of 36 Posts