Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does copper valve seats work well with titanium exhaust valves in a turcharged application

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Titanium can't take the heat. The seats work fine. Most super high hp setups run titanium intake and inconel exhaust valves.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
^ This. I've also seen that the Ti valves get pretty beat down on the tips of the stems, lash caps are a good idea.

---==Temio Williams
Yuba City, CA

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
We have used Tit. exhaust valves with turbo in the past and still do. They always say don't do it but we have done it for years on steel and copper seats. What you will see first is the coating start to littley flake off at the buttom of the valves. If your on alky it's a lot ez on the exh. valve than on gas.

·
Registered
49,442 Posts
Does copper valve seats work well with titanium exhaust valves in a turcharged application
I'd go spdium filled inconel hollow stems.really shouldn't need a ti valve on the exhuast as it has much lower wieght then the intake. .

·
Registered
49,442 Posts
So are u saying that the inconel exhaust valve will work fine with the copper beryllium exhaust seat?
it'd likely beat up the seat. I'd run the matching seat for inconel. I havent used inconel valves in a while so i'm not up on whats the hot new materials to use in that regard. I ussually tell the head builder what the application is and we pick the best solution. it also depends on the application to. street/strip etc.

as for exhuast valve i'd personally stay with inconel unless you have a 2 inch exhuast valve and your turning some nutty rpm. then you just have to treat the valves like maintenance items like the rods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts