Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to maybe run a radial, who is having luck getting them to hook with a stick?

I need around a 27.5"

Or should I just stick with a bias ply. Wrinkle or stiff wall?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Radials are tough with a stick, you have to slip the clutch alot to get them to not spin out of the hole. I was able to get a 1.53 60' on the radials but not very consistently, it took a long time to get to that point and if the track isnt on the money prep wise, forget about it.

I put a 28x10.5s mickey thompson on the car and first pass off the trialer i think it was 1.56 60' and 3 passes in with no changes but a higher launch it went 1.49 60'. Its alot easier to drive the car with the slick, just drop the clutch and grab gears.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you guys with slicks running a stiffwall?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
i am running the stiffwall, it seems like a good tire to me, moves around alot less than the 26" et streets i had on the car for a little while. I am running tubes and screws in them

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
We tried for while to get the radials to work with 6 speed. The 60' was all over the place. Switched to the bias et street. A lesson learned.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
We tried for while to get the radials to work with 6 speed. The 60' was all over the place. Switched to the bias et street. A lesson learned.

·
Registered
16,906 Posts
3900 pound 61 belair with 275/60 mt dr radials. dumping the clutch at 5000 and lifting the left front tire a good 6"

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
what is your avg 60ft time ? Drag radial slick?or et street radial?whats your clutch setup?just curious.

·
Registered
317 Posts
tbh only tried my MT 275 d/rs one meet. Blew em away 1st/2nd/3rd spraying. They will work but its a small tuning window you have to find plus i have a hard hitting clutch. Im sure I can get them in the 1.50s on a good track but bolted my 10.5 ET drags on & cut 1.40 flat. The d/r are much more stable top end. Thing is they don,t recover like bias ply on launch. If you work at it they will come good on a prepped track. I will have another go just on the motor.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Same thing here...and tried more than one brand. With a stick shift car I'll stick with the bais ply tire.

I did go 1.59 60' on a 255/60 MT though....ONCE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts