Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of playing the EFI game. What do I need to do besides get a blow-thru carb and intake? Fuel system changes? Ignition changes?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I would stick with the efi much better than blowthru try to get someone who knows what there doing to help were are you located if you in the northeast I could help recomend someone. but he is right youre crazy.

·
Registered
465 Posts
efi is the greatest thing when it works but when it dont it makes you want to slit your wrist with a rust butter knife.
x2. still cant figure out my efi, all in all though i would stick with efi over a blow thru

·
Registered
537 Posts
Making something work in a situation it was never designed to work in isn't as nice as just putting different numbers in a table as well as the data logging capabilities. Definitely will never again use a carb. in a boosted application.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,234 Posts
I've been running EFI on my car since 1988. Have been tuning various cars for that long. It isn't difficult, just find someone that can help you...........

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a miss between 2-3000 rpms that developed out of nowhere. The car runs great when I unplug the O2's (I did replace them). Just getting tired of the change this sensor, change that sensor, try a different TFI module, Check your MAF. maybe the TPS bullshit that comes with EFI. Maybe its the grass is greener on the other side thing, but it really seems like the good ol carb would make me not want to drive my car off a very large cliff.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Get rid of the pms. Have a chip burned on the dyno and I'm sure you'll love the car again. Or you can buy an sd system and still tune it on the dyno.

How much power are we talking about ?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The hell with chip, you cant make any changes after. Try harder with the PMS, your not the first guy to use this system. I have great sucess with it, but not with out banging my head. Try calling Dez racing, Mike post, or Kurgan.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I run the PMS on my car and would NEVER go back to a chip. The car starts and runs so much better with it plus I can make all the changes I need. The only down side that I see is it still uses a mass air meter. After working at a shop that did a lot of tuning on Mustangs I have learned that probably 90% of the problems were mass air related.
I also learned that with a boosted application and stock computer they run so much better in open loop without the O2's. I havent had O2 sensors on my car in a long time. But if you have a misfire then make sure the plug wires, plugs, ignition box are up to par.
Also, if you have an MSD TFI distributor you should throw it in the trash and put an OEM Ford one back in. We have had SO many MSD's cause ridiculous misfires.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You just need to find a good PMS tuner close to you or just take a road trip to Anderson. They have gone 7's before....I have one and love the simplicity of it. I could offer 2 things of advise run a redundant ground from the battery directly to the cylinder head and also run the DBX mass air meter.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts