Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have an account to sighn into the classifieds section guys so I am wanting to say Im not trying to step on any toes!
I am tired of owning something I cant drive on the street! I want to try and trade for something streetable that still runs decent but dont wanna loose my ass on a trade either!
I have 10 grand into the trucks motor alone
if I were to sell the truck I guess bottom dollar would be 9 k turn key
truck weighs just under 2600 lbs
has magnafuel 500 fuel pump and filter with -12 to pump -10 to reg and -8 from reg to carb.
Anyways guys I have a 88 s10
Its gutted out drag truck and has lexan windows and stock windshield
6 pt roll bar
9" ford rear end with mosier axles spool and 411 pro gears
has caltracs and calvert frt and rear shocks
moroso trick frt springs and tubular upper a arms all new upper n lower b joints
new inner outer tierods
motor is a stock block 406 sbc with callies crank manley rods manley 14-1 compression
crane billet 670"lift solid roller
brodix track 1 heads cnc ported versions flow 305 cfm
port matched super victor intake to 1207 felpros
350 turbo with 9" 5000 stall converter
new moly shaft by wiles
truck is all fresh and ready to start racing but needs tuning

Id like to trade my truck for a 98-2002 f body ls powered if I had it my way but would trade for anything about it that is decent looking and runs pretty good but is still street legal! doesnt have to be pump gas!
Im located in east tn 37879

small burn out video

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Well how fast is it?
And you should make an account in the classified.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Recently, I'm also having second thoughts about making mine drag only. The thought of burning a bunch of fuel and towing home at 1:00AM for just a few runs doesn't seem that appealing. I should have researched the track more before I gutted it.

Anyway, looks good and GLWS.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Pretty sure they are hedman fenderwells
yeah, I have the same ones. I've heard the Headman longtubes will fit the later trucks even though they don't list that way. But they are a royal PITA. You need a mini-starter and relocate the oil filter. Unless you want to remove the header to change oil. They also have to be installed in pieces.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have not taken it to the track as of yet but if its not gone soon im taking it to the tnt the first friday of october
I had this motor in our 3400 pound 72 montecarlo and off the trailer making 1 pass it went a 6.71 in 8th mile and brushed the guard rail with it because it twisted bad and came up kinda high so we just drug it home and put dads motor back in it! I think the truck will run at least 10.0's on motor in the quarter mile

also I sat up an account this morning on the classafieds

·
Registered
14,873 Posts
I have not taken it to the track as of yet but if its not gone soon im taking it to the tnt the first friday of october
Now I'm confused. It's not driven on the street and it's never been down the track, and yet you are totally tired of it? :confused: Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I dont have an account to sighn into the classifieds section guys so I am wanting to say Im not trying to step on any toes!
I am tired of owning something I cant drive on the street! I want to try and trade for something streetable that still runs decent but dont wanna loose my ass on a trade either!
I have 10 grand into the trucks motor alone
if I were to sell the truck I guess bottom dollar would be 9 k turn key
truck weighs just under 2600 lbs
has magnafuel 500 fuel pump and filter with -12 to pump -10 to reg and -8 from reg to carb.
Anyways guys I have a 88 s10
Its gutted out drag truck and has lexan windows and stock windshield
6 pt roll bar
9" ford rear end with mosier axles spool and 411 pro gears
has caltracs and calvert frt and rear shocks
moroso trick frt springs and tubular upper a arms all new upper n lower b joints
new inner outer tierods
motor is a stock block 406 sbc with callies crank manley rods manley 14-1 compression
crane billet 670"lift solid roller
brodix track 1 heads cnc ported versions flow 305 cfm
port matched super victor intake to 1207 felpros
350 turbo with 9" 5000 stall converter
new moly shaft by wiles
truck is all fresh and ready to start racing but needs tuning

Id like to trade my truck for a 98-2002 f body ls powered if I had it my way but would trade for anything about it that is decent looking and runs pretty good but is still street legal! doesnt have to be pump gas!
Im located in east tn 37879

small burn out video
They make some really nice wiring harnesses.....I see no reason unless the truck don't have a title, make it a Pro-Street deal....some custom exhaust and a little imagination it could be a tough little street truck.....

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just isnt what I want guys!
My pops has a 98 ls1 camaro and he just had heads cam and intake done and I love the car! Now I want one! case closed I think the f bodies are inpressive as hell and a blast to drive! MY truck on the other hand has lexan windows, its gutted to all hell and is no where street legal let alone a 14-1 compression small block isnt to street friendly either

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I built the truck I built it because i already had the motor and was bored and needed something to do so this is what I did! Now I want something different! I dont see the big problem with that myself..............

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now I'm confused. It's not driven on the street and it's never been down the track, and yet you are totally tired of it? :confused: Take care. Tom Worthington
its just a personal choice ! I dont like it! thats all.... Its nowhere streetable and I want a street car is all

·
Registered
262 Posts
Take it to the track. I'd never thing of buying a complete race car that the owner has never made a pass with. Potential buyers would damn sure think you're hiding something.

You might find out it's fun!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I bought my car as a "drag car" I put stock interior back in it and rewired it and changed the slugs in it to pumpgas. Now its rowdy as hell for a street cammin' car but Its one hell of a ride on the street and fairs decent at the track.

If all else fails I would do that. Looks like a nice lil clean truck.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts