Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I run a 33W. Trying to learn how to "slip the tire" also to improve 60' and 330'. I'm going to be adding wheelie bars to the car soon to help accomplish it. Also interested in OP question

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Running a 31w tire, how much should I let the tire spin before the tire dead hooks?
It should be an easy transition. When you're looking at your graphs the goal should be to get them as smooth as possible. Smooth is fast.

So with a slick you're looking to see the big initial jump in wheel speed at the hit and then steady acceleration without all of the dips and junk.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well right now I get a good spike in the drpm then it flat lines for almost a tenth then climbs again. RPM almost has the same effect but not as noticeable.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Can you post up a pic of the graph?

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
You want controlled spin so it doesn't go fast to slow or slow to fast, that's what gets the tire in trouble. This all affects the converter as well. If you spin too much it will unload the converter and it will want to grab the motor down. Keep the tire & converter loaded from beginning to end. It's difficult to get right unless you have a logger that shows you what's really happening with the tire, converter, engine, etc.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
That looks pretty damn efficient to me. Yes, it can be cleaner from about .35 seconds to 1.25 seconds, but not bad at all. Damn, look at how that converter locks up & goes 1:1 at about 7 seconds. It would be even better to see the graph of the ACC (accelerometer), as that is the rate of acceleration.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks fofo, I also displayed my nitrous pink is first stage and dark grey is the second, And the light blue it the timing, after looking at I see I can pull out the timing a bit smoother on the second stage

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
That is one of the best graphs that has been posted. There is a dip right around 1 second that is slowing you down just a touch. You can see it lay over on the G-Meter just a touch. But overall that is a very clean graph.

Also I love your combo. That's the type of combo I would build if I had any money.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Now that I looked at it some more there is another spot where it looks like you could be a touch faster. From about 1.25 to 1.75 your engine RPM is pretty much flatlined and the G-Meter looks lazy just a touch.

I would start by turning that 2nd kit on just a touch faster.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Fuck you're right. That's what I get for working and posting on YB at the same time.

Also, is that a bump you're hitting in the track at 2 sec? Also what is going on up top in 2nd? Do all your graphs look like that?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah top of second there is a nice dip in the track, everyone's data looks like that, it's funny to see that on everyone's graph

1 - 16 of 16 Posts