Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 28/10 with 411 gears and a built C4 466 Big Block ford. at 130mph threw the trap im spinning up there pretty good. What size tires are you guys running with 411 gears a 3 speed trans? Ill be spraying a 250 shot next time out and thinking I need to step up the tire size so I can make it threw the 1/4 mile... THANKS!

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
wouldn`t turn down the shift lite when spraying? when i ran bbf destroked (445) when spraying i knocked down the shift 600-800 depending on the hit. is this a plate on at leave . option 2 change the gear.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It will all depend on what the rpm is and if it is optimized for the engine when run n/a. If it is, I would look at where the converter is flashing to and if it will work on the hit. Odds are it needs to be changed. That will drop rpm as well, how much will depend on how tight you go, which depends on how much spray is being used. The gear comes last. You can run a taller tire to help, but by doing this alone, will make the existing converter slip more, and would be worse on the hit. And it all depends on how much room you have for a tire. Keep in mind also, the taller tires alter suspension geometry so keep that in mind. What does the converter flash to? What do you shift at n/a? Where does it cross the line at rpm wise? Engines also tend to peak sooner in rpm when on the hit, and don't need to be shifted as high or higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts