Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What adjustments are made to combat tire shake ? I am getting pretty good but not severe tire shake 3/4's of the way through first gear.
My combo;
1993 Mustang
All Wolfe rear suspension, single adjustable lowers, single sway bar, QA1 adjustable shocks, Micket Thompson ET DRag Radials 325/50/15's.
QA1 adjustable front struts.
4R70W Transmission, PI convertor, 4,000 stall currently (a little on the low side)
So far in just testing car has gone 9.40's @ 148, footbreaking and leaving at idle, sloppy 1.60 60'.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
17-18 psi or even a little more should take care of the tire shake.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
What adjustments are made to combat tire shake ? I am getting pretty good but not severe tire shake 3/4's of the way through first gear.
My combo;
1993 Mustang
All Wolfe rear suspension, single adjustable lowers, single sway bar, QA1 adjustable shocks, Micket Thompson ET DRag Radials 325/50/15's.
QA1 adjustable front struts.
4R70W Transmission, PI convertor, 4,000 stall currently (a little on the low side)
So far in just testing car has gone 9.40's @ 148, footbreaking and leaving at idle, sloppy 1.60 60'.
what you're talking about here, is really not all that bad.. If you add pressure, it'll likely not stick as good on the hit.. I would try and add power when it starts doing it... Tire shake is a strange animal... Less power cures it... More power cures it... But it's a very fine line maintaining the coefficient of friction to go faster...
There's really not an easy way to explain it.. Try and understand the physics of what the tire is actually doing that causes it..
I always add power at the point of the harmonic... Gently... 'Till it goes away...
NoShakeDawg

·
Registered
478 Posts
Limited experience here...but 3/4 of a pound on a 275/60 mickey made a difference of a 1.67 60' to a 1.39...I'm currently at 17.5 lbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts