Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3800# bracket car running 10.0's at altitude, single split-leaf rear, caltracs, DA shocks all around. Trying to improve hookup on poor track prep or hot days when the track starts to go away. Been happy running MT bias tires for years, trying to catchup to small horsepower upgrade changes.
-28x10.5 on 8" wheel
-28x10.5 on 10" wheel
-28x10.50W on 10" wheel
-stiff or regular sidewall?
-Move to 28x10.50 pro bracket radial? (tried, but I'm spinning them on the rim, so need beadlocks if this is the direction)

Last tried 28x1050w stiff sidewall's, but after 2 days of testing still not great. Had help, under-car video, suspension and setup all over the place with no joy. Tracked incremental changes across dozens of passes. Ready to start over from the beginning.

Appreciate recommendation based on personal relevant experience. Also going thru suspension (again) re-checking everything there. Want to start from the best possible place.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Curtisz ,
my 2 cents .
My Satellite is 3780lbs high 10.20s/10.30s . With transbrake . Factory XHD rear leafs , caltracs , Viking rear shocks QA1 singles front .
I footbraked with PBR 28x10.5s no problems , 10" rim . When I went tbrake and a bigger stall , 5000 to 6000 , I had a lot of inconsistency . I eventually , went to the PBR 29.5x10.5 30" tall . Far better result consistency wise and way less chance of turn . I bracket race this car , and prep is not radial friendly nor that good overall at times .
Jason from MT said best result with 10" , I did try 8 and 8 1/2 but ponied up for 10s .
Tyres are glued only
I have never run crossply slicks on this car .

Tex

1 - 2 of 2 Posts