Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little confused regarding proper tire pressure. If for example, I set tire pressure on my 29.5x10.5Wx15 M/Ts at 12 lbs cold just before a run, ( the car hooks good with this setting) the pressure obviously goes up after the pass. If the tires don't get a chance to cool completely before the next round, and are lets say at 12 3/4 lbs., would it make sence to leave the pressure alone and just make sure the pressure is even from side to side? If I continue to reset the pressure at 12 lbs, the pressure will be down from that setting if they get a chance to cool. In other words, how do you make certain the pressure is the same after each burnout?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I usally do a long burnout on my first pass to get the tires hot. Then the rest of the day when they are already warm/hot I do a shorter burnout. But I always reset to my same air pressure before each pass. Do you have traction problems after the first pass?

Bam

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
To be consistent, it's best to set the pressures before the run, whether it's adding or taking away. If your burnouts are reasonably consistent, the air pressure will be consistent.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

1 - 3 of 3 Posts