Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When setting your tires at the start of a track day how much do you allow for tire pressure rise after the burnout. Example I run my MT stiff wall slicks at 14lbs once they have heat in them. When its cold out I set the tires at 12lbs and they grow to 14lbs.
While waiting to make your runs do you take into consideration how long in between rounds that the tire has been sitting as to how much your pressure rise will be?
When going rounds in bracket racing how do you guys keep your pressures right where you want them at the launch?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I check them before and after every run. I have found that my pressure rises more at a night ( cooler) session after the run then it does on a ( hot ) afternoon session after the run . I try to be consistant with how long I do my burnout but I have found the pressure rise after the run is different at at different times of the day. I am ordering some tire covers http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/KeywordSearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&N=0&Ntk=all&Jnar=0&Ne=1%2B2%2B3%2B1147708&searchTerm=tire+covers to use during the heat of the day to see if it helps with consistency.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts