Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently use stock leafs w/ Caltrac bars @ 0 preload......M/T Et Drag 29.5x8x15.....was a nitrous car & the hook was 1.45 @ best spinning the tires pretty good.

Switching to a twin turbo setup, and just wondering if there's anything I can do to improve the bite.

Car needs to use a 10" tire max to fit in the wheelwell, lips arent rolled & cutting isnt an option.

Thanks

-Carm (Ottawa)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes stock multileafs (stock) & the Caltrac's are in the lowest hole (lower of the 2)

I want to keep it a multileaf.....notice a guy up here has some sort of "trick" springs....its a multileaf but the leafs have been moved towards the front & i dont think are "clamped" at the rear.......when he launches, the leafs spread apart at the back, behind the diff.

Any idea what this is?

·
Class Wrecker!!!
2,351 Posts
I never have used muti leafs, Just the Cal-Trac two piece monos. No ideal about that muti leaf setup you are talking about. Sorry

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Jim thanks for the help

So the Calvert "mono" 2 peice works well? Mono is fiberglass correct?

·
Registered
775 Posts
I dont know what instructions your Caltracs came with.

I have a set on my S10 with stock leafs . Instructions where to start in the top hole in front with one full turn of preload . Been hookin ever since.

This is with Koni drag shocks up front, 50/50 in back with sbc going high10s and high to mid 1.40s 60ft.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Carm,

The Calvert "mono-split" is two different rate steel monoleafs banded together in the middle. They offer the ability to have two different spring rates for the front and rear of the spring. THEY WORK!

Clark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts