Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used armor all or black magic on slicks or in my case drag radials. Is there any information out there that saids its good or bad. Do wont to look good but would rather hook than look good if its an issue.

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
You bringing it to the track? Or you just want it to look good? I doubt many tracks will let you run with tirewet on tires.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wont to race it at the track. I didnt think about track rules that may be an issue.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Armour All before a race on mine every time. I do rub it in very well. actually seems to have kept the sidewalls in better shape. Lat time I had the fronts off the back sidewall looked a little dry rotted. The outside looked perfect.

Chris

·
Registered
49 Posts
Armour All before a race on mine every time. I do rub it in very well. actually seems to have kept the sidewalls in better shape. Lat time I had the fronts off the back sidewall looked a little dry rotted. The outside looked perfect.

Chris
I have to agree with Chris.
Took all my tires off inside was starting to dry rot.
Outside was like new yet.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys I thinkl I will definately start going with the armor all. I just took the tires off tonight to store for the winter. pros off old hoosiers back on.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
What happens when you have to "drive" the car and the tires roll over on the sidewalls? That's what I would be concerned with.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I don't think that would be caking it on like a detail shop. Just spay it on and rub it in.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Mothers offers a tire and rubber cleaner, which seems to do all the positive stuff such as keep the tires from going brown, and also conditions the sidewall/keeps from weather checking... it does not however leave any greasy tire-shine on the tire, and will basically gives the tire a "like new" look!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts