Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Myself...I wouldn't want it any closer than that (preferably alittle more), but I have seen allittle less than that.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
The tire is going to grow taller as the car goes down the track , no ?
I probably have misunderstood....more like took for granted he was talking about tire clearance on the inside and outside. Tire clearance on the front, back or top....don't think a 1/2" will be enough. My fault.

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
I probably have misunderstood....more like took for granted he was talking about tire clearance on the inside and outside. Tire clearance on the front, back or top....don't think a 1/2" will be enough. My fault.
I think that is what he is talking about and was wondering myself , hence why I asked , sorry if I confused you . Just thinking the tire will grow taller making more room between it and the bars . What would be the optimal clearance too be looking for ?

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
I think that is what he is talking about and was wondering myself , hence why I asked , sorry if I confused you . Just thinking the tire will grow taller making more room between it and the bars . What would be the optimal clearance too be looking for ?
Got it now Tigman, my fault again...it's awfull to wonder around confused all the time.lol
Your right..they wont getting any wider will they..just taller.
I've worked on some cars that had the tire real close...you could see where it had rubbed some (I guess in turns).
Myself, I see no reason to have a tire any closer than 1" to anything. But if you can't move the frame rails I suppose that's not possible in alot of cars.

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Got it now Tigman, my fault again...it's awfull to wonder around confused all the time.lol
Your right..they wont getting any wider will they..just taller.
I've worked on some cars that had the tire real close...you could see where it had rubbed some (I guess in turns).
Myself, I see no reason to have a tire any closer than 1" to anything. But if you can't move the frame rails I suppose that's not possible in alot of cars.
Thanks , that makes sense .

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got 6 inches in front and back and on top.about 1 inch on out side.just have half inch between tire and 4 link.I guess I wasn't worried about once tire growed I was thinking when tire wadded up on startingline might rub.

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Got 6 inches in front and back and on top.about 1 inch on out side.just have half inch between tire and 4 link.I guess I wasn't worried about once tire growed I was thinking when tire wadded up on startingline might rub.
Have to check if a spacer is legal and you could center it up in the opening ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts