Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question...just got a new pair of 29.5 x 10.5 S slicks and need to know how much clearance I'm gonna need in front and back for growth. Any input would be helpful, thanks, Scott...they are on 10" rims

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
If it was me, I'd want a good inch front and back clearance for growth. I guess it also may depend on how much MPH the car runs as well.

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It ran 136 in the 1/4 n/a, just want to make sure for when I spray it. Figured there were guys on here that run the same size...thanks

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
you wil want at least 1-1 1/2 iches in the front. My 29.5 x 10.5's rubbed the first pass on my car only in the front. I had to just hamer it back about an inch or so right at the bottom only, the back was fine and has never rubbed. BTW.. what kind of car is it?? I have a 74 nova. If it's the camaro in the avatar then you will definitely want to trim the front back a bit they are worse than novas. Or just make sure the backspace is deep nough to tuck the tire enough to not have it rub. Good luck.

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 69 Firebird (same thing) I went ahead and clearanced it 7/8"...we'll see on the test pass down the street...thanks for your input...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Same subject - different area - the clearance between the top of the slick and the bottom of the tub. 32 x 14.5 x 15 GY on a 15" wide rim w/tube - 3000 lb car 180 mph trap speed. What would be a good starting setting?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts