Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What questions should I be asking? I've already asked if I could see realtors tits.

All jokes aside what questions are important?
Flood plain, easements, utilities, restrictions, and future plans for roadways. What else?

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
27,164 Posts
Available water and electricity.

·
A Fine Example For Others
40,449 Posts
What questions should I be asking? I've already asked if I could see realtors tits.

All jokes aside what questions are important?
Flood plain, easements, utilities, restrictions, and future plans for roadways. What else?
You have a good list going. Another very important thing to research is underground water springs. You can get a geological report for your area that will show underground springs. This is important because you wouldn't want to build a structure above or close to an underground water spring. Over time these springs can enlarge themselves creating caverns. Large caverns are also known to open up and collapse, leaving you with a sink hole.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
TITLE INSURANCE!!!!!

·
Smart Ass Conservative
110,306 Posts
Cell phone service , internet availability ,water quality and medical services

·
Smart Ass Conservative
110,306 Posts
You have a good list going. Another very important thing to research is under ground water springs. You can get a geological report for your area that will show underground springs. This is important because you wouldn't want to build a structure above or close to an underground water spring. Over time these springs can enlarge themselves creating caverns. Large caverns are also known to open up and collapse, leaving you with a sink hole.
Or a corvette museum

Reactions: Fire69 and AllRev

·
40,449 Posts
Check to see if any Gold, Silver, and oil has been found and harvested on the property.

·
40,449 Posts
Also check to see if the property was ever used as a burial ground. You can do this yourself, just start digging......preferably 6' down at a minimum.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Zoning and mineral rights. Around here they retroactively rezoned a lot of properties RC, Resource Conservation, rendering many properties unusable for building.

In W. Va., where mining is big, you need to make sure you’re buying the mineral rights to the property as well, otherwise some mining company might decide to excavate a strip mine right through your property.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I just bought some land a few years ago. Not sure if its a local thing but the title company I used did most of if not all the things you guys are bringing up. Except I got the survey and I dont recall anything in the paperwork or said about springs. I already knew the area so it didn’t matter so much for my situation.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Research and be aware of any endangered species. It sounds ridiculous, but the Preebles Jumping mouse here has stopped projects dead in their tracks.

·
40,449 Posts
I just bought some land a few years ago. Not sure if its a local thing but the title company I used did most of if not all the things you guys are bringing up. Except I got the survey and I dont recall anything in the paperwork or said about springs. I already knew the area so it didn’t matter so much for my situation.

Most water well companies have that information with regards to underground water springs.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts