Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WENT I A CHECKED MY TIMMING A FOUND IT TO OFF AND AT 30* AND HAD THOUGHT IT WAS AT 36*. NOT SURE IF I SHOULD PUT BACK TO 36* OR LEAVE IT. HAVE BEEN PULLING 8* TO 9* ON 250 AND 9* TO 10* ON THE 300. EDELBROCK RPM II PLATE. I HAVE NOT CHECKED IT ALL YEAR AND HAVE BEEN TUNNING THE CAR AT THE 30*. :confused: WILL I NEED TO ADD FUEL IF I SET THE TIMMING BACK AT THE 36* ON THE NITROUS. OR LET IT FLY AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS:rolleyes: ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
If it ain't broke....

If you're not looking to set records....

If you're happy with it's performance.....

Don't fix it!

Honestly...Don't just throw 6 degrees back into it. Try adding 2 and checking the plugs...then maybe another 2...I don't have a clue what engine/car this is either. 36 could be horrible for it for all I know.

Maybe run it N/A with 30 degrees and then with 36 degrees. COmpare performance. Try another run with 33-34 degrees and compare. My car doesn't seem to be really picky so instead of pulling timing from a starting point of 38 degrees(where it did run good)...I pull it all starting from 35 degrees(which it also ran great at.) To me, it's 3 degrees safe as an initial nitrous tuneup. It runs good and if I get greedy someday...I'll add some and see if it helps to add power..

Goodluck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts