Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT IS THE BEST BOX TO USE FOR PULLING TIMING OUT WITH A CONTROLLER AND ALOT OF SPRAY OR HOW ARE OTHERS PULLING A LOT OF TIMING THANKS FOR ANY HELP

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Dig 7 here as well. If you have a stock style distributor, you don't want to take anything over 12 or so degrees out with just a box due to crossfiring. You might just want to set your initial lower.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK ITS A SBC SPRAYING 500 WANT TO LEAVE ON 350 HP AND 1.5 SECONDS LATER START PHASING IN ANOTHER 150HP BY 3 SECONDS HAVE ALL 500 HP IN BUT WANT A BOX THAT WILL LET ME PULL TIMING AS THE REST OF THE SPRAY COMES IN TIMING WILL BE 24 INITIAL AND PULL 6 MORE AS THE 150 MORE IS COMING IN ITS AN MSD DIZZY LOCKED OUT

·
6,816 Posts
7531 is the way to go

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I could be wrong but I believe the 7531 is not allowed in NHRA competition and other venues like PSCA, Street Car Super Nationals, etc. So just check to make sure. I use a Mallory HyFire VIIc, which is fully legal, can pull timing on up to 3 stages and then put some back in if you want near the end of your run. Also has 3 RPM limiters (burn-out, high end, transbrake).

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Lots of people ARE using the 7531 in PSCA, SCSN race etc. Some NHRA events they are not allowed but there are a ton of them out there being used. We've used one for the past 4 years...a great ignition that's got a lot of features. Ours is integrated in with Speedwire nitrous controllers and has worked flawlessly.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
OK ITS A SBC SPRAYING 500 WANT TO LEAVE ON 350 HP AND 1.5 SECONDS LATER START PHASING IN ANOTHER 150HP BY 3 SECONDS HAVE ALL 500 HP IN BUT WANT A BOX THAT WILL LET ME PULL TIMING AS THE REST OF THE SPRAY COMES IN TIMING WILL BE 24 INITIAL AND PULL 6 MORE AS THE 150 MORE IS COMING IN ITS AN MSD DIZZY LOCKED OUT

You may want to think about a crank trigger also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts