Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How low can I go before I start running into a problem ?I'm at 18* now and would like to pull a few more at launch and ramp back in.Am I safe at 14*-15*? Conventional head BBC.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Jim Monson said:
I ran mine at 9 deg total. I've talked to guys who claimed zero degrees advance.
A good friend of mine told me a story just like what you're talkin' about. He's pretty well known in the Pro Mod circles.....Gordy Foust, He said he was at Martin, Mi. several years ago and was asked by a street legal legend (won't call any names but his initials are BK) for some tuning advice. Seems he was knocking the electrodes off the plugs with detonation. They wound up at TDC total timing before he ever got down the track to qualify. Gordy said this was an extreme case but he factored in that this fellow had probably squeezed a few ring lands and oil was getting in the chambers.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
if you have a crank trigger your okay but if your using a reg. distributor you will need to phase the rotor and some won't go passed the 15 degree mark without jumping terminals

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Good point! I usually phase the distributor in where I will be runnindown the track.

For example: If I was running 9 deg total, I would line the rotor up with the cap at 9 deg regardless of what the timing was before the retard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts